Originally posted by sledge View Post
    it would be alot quicker without the bling lmao
    but it wouldn't look anywhere near as good tho

Comment

Hmmmm....
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        Apologies John. I wasn't meaning to infer directly that you didn't maintain yours well, merely trying to say that most on here who have tales of woe have never even given their engines or coolant systems the most basic of attention, (or argue the toss when you suggest they should), but then act as if it's the end of the world when they have a problem.

At the end of the day, a vehicle can't trudge on regardless if it isn't maintained. Ones such as you just occasionally get a good old kick from Lady Luck's evil twin sister. John, (mudskipper), was another one who suffered one of her visits. (Well, in truth, several).
        ahem "cough, cough"
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

By the V8 i was implying the lexus conversion a few people have done, i did get insurance quotes and for some reason it was 2 quid cheaper than my 2.4, though i am a year older. I woouldnt be towing a trailer round europe thats left down to the volvo in the group, its had a new head on it and all the problems are little ones that can easily be fixed they just come as a nuisance, you may have read my recent post about it not starting one morning when i wanted to goto work, i found the fault last night and repaired it with a quick bit of brazing, the metal pipe on the fuel pump where the fuel enters had a crack in it and it was sucking in air, just brazed over it and today ive been to devon and back twice dropping 8 people there, that was just over a thousand miles and i had no problems what so ever.

Some one mentioned gear ratios? are there boxes with different gearboxes with different ratios available?
          Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Comment

Originally posted by YoungOffroader View Post
            Some one mentioned gear ratios? are there boxes with different gearboxes with different ratios available?
            There are several different diff ratios around - as standar on Surfs, and ideally to run superbig tyres, you need to change the diff ratios to maintain similar revs/gear for roadspeed so you keep the engine in the happy area of its powerband. Not sure about gearbox though. Might be a bit complex to start swapping cogs in the autobox!

Also, turning a big wheel is much harder than turning a small one due to weight and inertia.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
            X