off topic-Nintendo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off topic-Nintendo

the gaming consol thing all passed me by but my daughter is now asking to buy a nintendo 9with money she has saved i hasten to add. have done the wikipedia thing so a couple of questions to anyone experienced inthis.

is the nintendo lite the newer version of the nintendo- if not which would you recommend

would you get a nintendo or a wii

what game would you recommend -USER WILL BE 7 YEAR OLD GIRL

thanks for any suggestions

Ive got a Nintendo Wii an its great fun. Bit of a party piece.

Uses motion control via a handheld remote for the users actions.

Tennis/bowling/baseball games are on a disc that comes with the machine. Great fun!!

There are a few decent titles on the machine. Some are aimed at much more mature audience, House of the dead, Ghost squad etc.

The Nintendo DS Lite is just a newer/smaller version of the nintendo DS. a great handheld. Aimed at single player use mainly but there will be titles like Harvest farm etc that will probably be more suitable...

A DS is probably going to be used less being the single player orientated machine.

A nintendo Wii is probably the way to go. That way its fun for everyone! Even people who are anti games machines enjoy the wii due to its 'interactive' nature!

Comment

BEWARE... give a 3 yr old a DS and he'll never put it down!!

EVER!!

(i'm just jealous cos i can't do mario!!)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

As above, the Wii is a games console made by Nintendo. The DS Lite is a hand held games console also made by Nintendo.

A DS Lite is much cheaper than a Wii but, if you want it at home, a Wii is much better. I would go for the Wii as it's much less likely to get lost/nicked/broken in the hands of a child.

To be honest, Nintendo have very few games that aren't suitable for children. Any of the Mario ones will be fine for her and good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          As above, the Wii is a games console made by Nintendo. The DS Lite is a hand held games console also made by Nintendo.

A DS Lite is much cheaper than a Wii but, if you want it at home, a Wii is much better. I would go for the Wii as it's much less likely to get lost/nicked/broken in the hands of a child.

To be honest, Nintendo have very few games that aren't suitable for children. Any of the Mario ones will be fine for her and good quality.
          Mario galaxy is excellent... but it gets hard!!

Comment

The Wii is great but if you're going on holiday, or a long car journey, I would recommend the DS Lite. I got one for Christmas and I'm still playing on it, which is unusual because I've had Playstations and X Boxes and they've just gathered dust after a while!

There are some great kids games and you can get an 'adaptor' that will allow you to play 'back up' games!
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
            X