Bugga!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugga!

The wire pulled out this sensor when i was getting it all ready to fit me atf cooler this weekend, i've managed to dig out some of the glue stuff and find the end of the wire. now i have to try and solder a bit back on! dammed fiddley! why cant they make things better, chinese cheapo's for ya
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Scrape that lead with either a knife edge or use some wet and dry on it first Ian to get the crap off. Make sure you tin it before you try soldering the wire onto it too, otherwise you may end up with a solder join that appears fine but ain't.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      Scrape that lead with either a knife edge or use some wet and dry on it first Ian to get the crap off. Make sure you tin it before you try soldering the wire onto it too, otherwise you may end up with a solder join that appears fine but ain't.
      Will do mate, i have scrapped it by twisting it with some fine nose pliers and while digging the cr@p out but always tinn stuff before soldering the wire together, it's just so flimsy'ly made, nothing seem made to last like it use to

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        it's just so flimsy'ly made, nothing seem made to last like it use to
        Most electronics related kit these days is cheap tack crap. They go on about all this electronics gear which ends up in landfill sites. No surprise there. Most of it's shite. That's why proper service engineers are hard to find these days. All the engineers I've worked with in the past, they're all now either in early retirement or doing some completely unrelated job.
        Last edited by MattF; 20 June 2008, 20:39.

Comment

Yeah i know what you mean, it's the same with everything now from food to electronics, all the plumbers i knew have either retired or in other fields, just had enought of it, i used to have a full set of the old smiths gauges in my cresta and they were nice pieces of kit, still fetch decent money on ebay, the ones i have in the truck now are cheap chinese things, look ok till you look behind em and you have to wonder if they are reliable and accruate, but all i could afford at the time, probably why i prefer old cars, cant think of one new model that i go for, imposible to work on your self and i do enjoy fiddleing with my cars,

Comment

Aye, it's a fair old p1ss take these days. Makes you wonder where it's gonna end, don't it.

Comment

Most electronics related kit these days is cheap tack crap. They go on about all this electronics gear which ends up in landfill sites. No surprise there. Most of it's shite. That's why proper service engineers are hard to find these days. All the engineers I've worked with in the past, they're all now either in early retirement or doing some completely unrelated job.
              oh my god
              Yeah i know what you mean, it's the same with everything now from food to electronics, all the plumbers i knew have either retired or in other fields, just had enought of it, i used to have a full set of the old smiths gauges in my cresta and they were nice pieces of kit, still fetch decent money on ebay, the ones i have in the truck now are cheap chinese things, look ok till you look behind em and you have to wonder if they are reliable and accruate, but all i could afford at the time, probably why i prefer old cars, cant think of one new model that i go for, imposible to work on your self and i do enjoy fiddleing with my cars,
              its turned into

Aye, it's a fair old p1ss take these days. Makes you wonder where it's gonna end, don't it.

monty bleedin python

when i were akid i got up before i went to bed,lived in middle of a lake,licked every pebble clean...blah blah blah
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                oh my god

its turned into

monty bleedin python

when i were akid i got up before i went to bed,lived in middle of a lake,licked every pebble clean...blah blah blah
                Aye thats how it was, you try and tell the kids today! they dont believe ya,

made me what i am today tho, hard, proud, and a right miserable b@stid

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  oh my god

its turned into

monty bleedin python

Graham, you nutter,

I had a hernia op. two days ago and nearly burst my stitches reading that

LMAO!
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
                    Graham, you nutter,

I had a hernia op. two days ago and nearly burst my stitches reading that

LMAO!

Yup! he's a wag aint he (think thats the right word) anyway i've repaired it now so two fingers to the tiddley's
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yup! he's a wag aint he (think thats the right word) anyway i've repaired it now so two fingers to the tiddley's
                      i like the blured pic so no one can take the pi$$.....
                      you think that a crappy chink sensor is bad you should look at the fronty i just got, no wonder they have sutch a bad reputation for reliability, i can see i will be tracing wiring faults for ever with it
                      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

It's the tremmors!! it's always worse when i'm trying not do it, the black stuff is two pack chemicle metal stuff, give the wires a bit of support,
                        the chinks workman ship leaves a lot to be desired, the brass sensor body is quite nice, well turned then they go and f##k it with duff wireing,

Comment

Working...
                        X