Non-starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-starter

Right so monday evening i drove home from work and parked the truck on the drive no problems, went out tuesday morning n tried to start the thing and it started for a second till i touched the throttle when it just died as if no fuel, since then it has now not started, turns over fine but will not fire. I've tried searching for similar threads but i wouldn't be sure what im searching for and searching non starter brings up alot of threads that are nothing like my faults. Any ideas on what this problem may be? Thanx in advance.
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Have you tried priming your fuel filter? Is your filter clogged? Is the diesel tank vacuum locked?

Comment

I've cleared all the lines off fuel and pimed all the way back to the pump, definatly fuel there, its on a veg and diesel mix, but has been for a long time and runs fine with this normally.

Comment

Clogged fuel filter? When did you last re-new it? They need more frequent changes if you're using veg oil.
        Loosen the nuts at the injectors and get someone to crank the engine while you check for fuel delivery at the injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Clogged fuel filter? When did you last re-new it? They need more frequent changes if you're using veg oil.
          Loosen the nuts at the injectors and get someone to crank the engine while you check for fuel delivery at the injectors.
          Fuel filter only two months old, shall crack my nuts and give it a crank soon as mums finished my lunch, also im having two nails taken out my tyres at this moment and plugging the holes so ill let him finish that first.

Comment

Working...
          X