Another "Is It worth It"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "Is It worth It"

Hello fellas long time no speak... If any of you can remember I broke my 3.0 surf about 2yrs ago and well..... its still broke on my drive

Well I had all the best intentions of fixing it but its never seemed to happen, I had it taken apart as I believed the head gasket had gone (because the coolant system was pressurising) but when dismantled forund out that it was the head had cracked.

What I want to know is ... whats it worth to anyone as a project to repair or even as spares (bearing in mind i'm not interested in breaking it I want it gone off the drive) ??? I have 4 cars here and only 1 driveway

Its M-Reg 1995 3.0TD

Cheers fellas

Well, a good condition late year 2nd Gen 3.0 seems to be worth realistically between £2750 and £3250. Cost of sourcing and fitting a new head is around £1000-£1200. I'd say that puts it at most at £2000, but probably more like £1500.

Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

If someone can get it towed cheaply then yeh around £1500.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

To sell as it is then i would put a price of £500 to £1000 but realistically you will be looking at about £500 to £750 even to have as a project.
        I did pay £1000 for a 3.0l as a project but as the engine i got to go in it was a non runner aswell i decided to break it.I wouldn't pay £1000 for a truck again tho but thats me.I've paid from £500 upto £600 for 2.4's and the latest 3.0l i bought with a blown head i Paid £500 for and i have nearly finished getting it back on the road.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Must be a lot cheaper and in abundance down south, up here I could expect to pay around £1200 to £1500 depending on repairs required and condition.

Having said that the recent fuel price hikes have made our trucks a lot less desirable.
          Alan

Comment

i was offered another 3.0l for £650 that was on ebay this week and supersurf was also offered it but as he knew a bit of history of the truck i never bothered

Comment

I flew to Bristol a couple of years ago to buy my truck because I was saving around £2000 on dealer prices up here.
              Alan

Comment

the prices are really stupid now for these trucks

Comment

I've just seen a good one today, advertised locally, 1994, 3.0ltr, 60,000 miles, just had full service including new timing belt, excellent condition, black over silver, 12 months test and 6 months tax. All that for £1595 ono!

Just want to point out it doesn't belong to me or anyone I know. It was advertised in the local Ad Mag.
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

We will be driving negative equity vehicles soon
                    Alan

Comment

no non runner is worth more than a grand, people are struggling to sell good 3.0l in the for sale sections here / ebay / autotrader for £2k. A truck that's sat for 2 years is gonna want more than just a head, i'm with rich, £500 - £750 as is.

Someone buying it as a breaker might get £1k -£1.5ks worth of parts off it depending on what extras it's got. Or buying as a project to sell on it's gonna want at least £1500 thrown at it to get back on the road, then sell for £2750 if they're very lucky, there's no profit in it at all for £1000.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                        I've just seen a good one today, advertised locally, 1994, 3.0ltr, 60,000 miles, just had full service including new timing belt, excellent condition, black over silver, 12 months test and 6 months tax. All that for £1595 ono!

Just want to point out it doesn't belong to me or anyone I know. It was advertised in the local Ad Mag.

###### hell, far too cheap!
                        Alan

Comment

I could make some cash buying up trucks down south and selling them here for real prices instead of dealer stupid prices up here if the cost of fuel ever gets sensible again (not likely!)
                          Alan

Comment

Thanx fellas - I was only about to ask around the £500-£600 mark for it anyway, and as for more than just the head then the concerns would be braking system and auto box. As its been sat there are the obvious signs of it not being used i.e. rust developing, seats showing mould etc....

I have the complete gasket set and filters for it and did have new oil and transmission fluid but these have since been used.

As for extras it has the usual ssr-x stuff and the only add-ons are a cat 1 alarm system and a Mp3 player

Comment

Working...
                            X