What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

My first surf died on me after 3yrs. I thought the head had gone so bought another surf. I have swapped a few parts around and have a few more minor bits to do. Has it much value as scrap metal or selling off parts? It's a 2.4 1990 grey manual.

I have little or no money to spend on the first surf but wondered about whether it could be turned into a trailer? could the front be chopped off and the back be sealed just in front of the passengers doors?

Has anyone tried this or has the cost put people off ...

Any thoughts

Cheers
    Mark

PS this is not a for sale advert so don't start asking for parts because if I want to sell it or bits I will pay the fee and advertise it in the right place

It's probably worth most in parts, if you've got the space to break it. I toyed with the trailer idea for the shell of my old one but decided it wasn't practical, basically because for the useable space you'd actually get it would be a ###### heavy trailer. It would only be 6 foot long and 3 foot high internally, with wheel arches in the way still aswell, but would look smart behind another surf, i guess it depends what you want the trailer for and whether you got the room to store a 2/3 surf sized 'small' trailer.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

You could look around for a cheapish short engine - chuck it in, fab in a roll cage, strip out the rear seats, side steps, most stuff (sell all that) and turn it into a comp safari racer......
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Comment

This is more like what I was thinking!

Comment

Has been done on the custom scene many times. Theres a very nice pug going by the name "A car and a half"

Not to practical but pretty cool looking.
            I say go for it, if for no other reason than no one else has a Surf trailer.
            Brian

Comment

There's also a few VW campervans converted into nice trailers, if you like that sort of thing...
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

DO it!! if you dont it looks like a new project for stien!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                  DO it!! if you dont it looks like a new project for stien!
                  If he's seen this thread he's probably already on it!

I think that looks really good actually. Seal the front, strip out the interior, fab a strong A frame, fit trailer electrics, jobs a good 'un.

Or convert it into a small 'SURFAVAN'. Similar to a caravan but waaaay cooler.........

Go on, you know you want to.
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
                    Or convert it into a small 'SURFAVAN'. Similar to a caravan but waaaay cooler.........

Go on, you know you want to.
                    Yeah, double bed in the back, water tank where the spare goes and a little sink and hob in the tailgate. Do that.

Comment

shhhhh dont tell anyone but i understand tony has a surf for a trailer venture
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                      X