Parking Tickets - advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Tickets - advice

received a parking ticket at the weekend.

on a scooter rally in Whitby, sunday morning and parked on an open cark park no one about, not noticing the "Scarborough Borough Council Sign". Needless to say the Bar Stewards put tickets on our group of scooters.

Examined my ticket all the details are correct, ie type, reg, colour but they have put down the Tax expirey as June 08 when it is in fact Oct 08. The ticket was also posted on the rear backrest and not the front of the machine.

Is this grounds for appeal. The way I see it by acknowledging the mistake I am admitting to having the ticket. If I ignore it then the fine doubles if it is enforced.

There were literally thousands of scooters there and I know lots of Italian imports registered with DVLA have very very similar numbers allocated so could argue it wasn't me?

any suggestions and could this error work in my favour?

your thoughts would be appreciated

Don't Know but try here http://www.beatparkingticket.co.uk/p...alse&srec=true
    Trust your Hound.

Comment

been looking on net

looks like they only have to get the number plate correct ....bug*er!

one lad parked on pavement just outside bollards and got nothing..how daft is that.

Cause an obstruction....nowt

Park in an empty car park on a sunday morning 70 squid???

Comment

Just pay up, and consider it a 'funny looking bike with wheelbarrow wheels' tax
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

Comment

Originally posted by hilly64 View Post
            beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!
            ###### amazing as in most town's 2 wheel vehicles park for free. There's always a free bike park in most meter bays. Wasn't there a dedicated bike park in the car park?
            Mike G

Comment

Appeal anyway !!! Is it lawfully Legal ?
              I think it's Sheffield that's bin ordered to contact anybody that's had a ticket as there entitled to a Refund as it's not lawfully Legal ("prohibited parking" = wrong signs, no lines, etc )
              worth a try n good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

if you had bike on centre stand and wheels were not touching they can not issue ticket

Comment

Working...
                X