Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Apache

Quick opinion wanted.

Stop/tail and fog lights on the Gipsy. Wire each pair off of a single wire or run a dedicated wire to each lamp?

Most cars I've worked on have a dedicated loom to one side of the vehicle, then 't' off to the other side.

This does mean however that if the fuse blows to a specific light, the other side will be lost too.

The decision, as they say..............

is yours.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      The decision, as they say..............

is yours.
      Aye, that's why I'm asking for opinions. I know I tend to be a bit overly, shall we say finnicky, over the simplest of jobs. I've run a single loom setup already to the rear, but I just can't resist my usual, 'did I ought to, just incase...' type thinking. Trying to gauge whether it is being overly excessive to single wire everything over branching the cables.

What would you personally do, Vince?
      Last edited by MattF; 14 June 2008, 14:53.

Comment

Sounds like you have the same forward planning system i have!

leave it as it is as you already done it
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Sounds like you have the same forward planning system i have!
          Oh, what have I done to deserve that Ian?

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          leave it as it is as you already done it
          Resist my usual arsey, create twice as much work, methods then.

Comment

Hehe, i always get worried if it goes to well, figure i must have f##ked summat up, i spent all yesterday afternoon fighting an uncoiled 30mt roll of air nylon tubeing, and most of this morning trying to get three lenghts of it through a bit of fluted cable sheathing that was just a tad too small, after punching meself in the chest when my had slipped off i ran a scalple along it and hey presto, dead easy!!!
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

if u have a prob with wiring at any point,want to be left with no lights?or one light?,its a "no brainer"

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                if u have a prob with wiring at any point,want to be left with no lights?or one light?,its a "no brainer"
                There won't be any problem with the wiring at any point that isn't easily repairable, so that scenario shouldn't be a problem in itself. Must admit though, you have the same doom and gloom outlook as I with regards to design.

Comment

Most cars have separate fuses for LH and RH lighting, so I'd tend to go for separate wires. It also means you can use thinner wires, and it's failsafe.

On the other hand, you shouldn't really have any wiring problems once done properly (as I'm sure you will) so it shouldn't be an issue either way.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Most cars have separate fuses for LH and RH lighting, so I'd tend to go for separate wires. It also means you can use thinner wires, and it's failsafe.

On the other hand, you shouldn't really have any wiring problems once done properly (as I'm sure you will) so it shouldn't be an issue either way.

love that bit andy !!
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X