Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workshop Manual

FOUND A POSSIBLE SUPPLIER FOR HILUX/4RUNNER WORKSHOP MANUALS
    TRY WWW.ASNBOOKS.COM OR INTERNET SEARCH FOR MAX ELLERYS THIS SHOULD BRING UP DIRECT SITE CHARGING ABOUT £20-£30 I HAVE NOT ORDERED ONE AS I'M GOING TO OZ IN MAY
    I WILL GET ONE WHILE I'M THERE

GOOD LUCK HOPE IT WORKS !!!!!
    ALL I NEED IS A HAMMER

Originally posted by BKY
    FOUND A POSSIBLE SUPPLIER FOR HILUX/4RUNNER WORKSHOP MANUALS
    TRY WWW.ASNBOOKS.COM OR INTERNET SEARCH FOR MAX ELLERYS THIS SHOULD BRING UP DIRECT SITE CHARGING ABOUT £20-£30 I HAVE NOT ORDERED ONE AS I'M GOING TO OZ IN MAY
    I WILL GET ONE WHILE I'M THERE

GOOD LUCK HOPE IT WORKS !!!!!

Take a big suitcase and you can bring a load back
    ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

I have ordered some books of the Amazon website [www.amazon.co.uk] and will try to remember to let you know what they are like once I've understood them!
      Gaz

Comment

Have just ordered a Max Ellery manual from ASN. From what i can see they`re ok, out of stock till next week. Total cost £29.62 incl tax and postage. Not that bad!

Thanks for the link,
        Ken

God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Comment

Got my manual from here.

http://www.compoutpost.com/store/lis...unner+4&sdesc=
          There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

I don't know if this has been suggested in the past, but....

I've just had a look at the Haynes Manuals Website... on the Contact Us page there is an Manual enquiries option for visitors who have been unsuccessful, trying to find a particular manual on this site.

Now if enough people were to make enquiries.........
            Never argue with an idiot... they drag you down to their level - then beat you with experience!!

Comment

Originally posted by whippet
              I don't know if this has been suggested in the past, but....

I've just had a look at the Haynes Manuals Website... on the Contact Us page there is an Manual enquiries option for visitors who have been unsuccessful, trying to find a particular manual on this site.

Now if enough people were to make enquiries.........

Date 08/03/2004
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Items
              ISBN 1 56392 255 X
              Book No 92736
              Title Toyota Hi-Lux & 4Runner Diesel (79 - 96) Qty 1 Price 14.99 ISBN Book No EGJP Title English - Japanese Technical Dictionary Qty 1 Price 0.00
              Totals
              Price14.99
              Postage 3.50
              Total Cost 18.49

but it was out of stock for the forseable future.
              There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
                Date 08/03/2004
                Items
                ISBN 1 56392 255 X
                Book No 92736
                Title Toyota Hi-Lux & 4Runner Diesel (79 - 96) Qty 1 Price 14.99 ISBN Book No EGJP Title English - Japanese Technical Dictionary Qty 1 Price 0.00
                Totals
                Price14.99
                Postage 3.50
                Total Cost 18.49

but it was out of stock for the forseable future.
                Amazon sell both Haynes and Max Ellery and they are both quite cheap and usually in stock...
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                  Amazon sell both Haynes and Max Ellery and they are both quite cheap and usually in stock...
                  But neither of these are actually for the imported jap surfs...

Bearing in mind that there are dozens of these vehicles coming into this country alone on every boat...

If the majority of the info is already covered in the various books that they currently publish (Pick-up, 4runner, US and Oz versions), what harm would it do if everbody on this forum visited the Haynes site and requested manuals specifically for the 2nd and 3rd gen jap imports??

As my old gran used to say, "If you don't ask... You don't want!"
                  Never argue with an idiot... they drag you down to their level - then beat you with experience!!

Comment

Whippet,
                    Don't want to sound an old stick in the mud, but dozens of members have been there, seen the "T" shirt, bought it & all that happens is the ink runs when it gets wet.

In others words listen to one of the old hands ( Linda !!! Old ye gods )
                    There is'nt a Surf Repair Manual with its salt, buy the Ellery & Haynes, plus what ever else takes your fancy,which may or maynot help you with repairs.

Last year or was it the year before ( memory block ) or the year before that even, some members spent hours & hours talking with OZ & NZ forums about buying a Japanese Repair Manual & having it translated = outcome zero.

So M8 if you would like to organise a block application to who ever, i'm sure members of the forum would be only to pleased.

Good Luck

Sewerat Bob
                    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I searched for the manual on the Aussie haynes website which gave me this

92736 - Toyota Hi-Lux & 4Runner (diesel), Toyota Hi-Lux & 4Runner Series LN, 2WD & 4WD, with diesel engines: 2.2L, 2.4L & 2.8L (L, 2L & 3L engines) - '79 thru '96

I then searched for that manual on the British site.

I ended up orderiing it from Oz anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat
                        Whippet,
                        Don't want to sound an old stick in the mud, but dozens of members have been there, seen the "T" shirt, bought it & all that happens is the ink runs when it gets wet.

In others words listen to one of the old hands ( Linda !!! Old ye gods )

Good Luck

Sewerat Bob
                        Yo Bob!! Where you been m8??? And whats all this old business???
                        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Linda,
                          Knew after i wrote that "Old" i'd be in trouble.
                          Been away, out of the country, well most of the time anyway, did pop into the forum at odd times, now back ????

Sewerat Bob
                          [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat
                            Linda,
                            Knew after i wrote that "Old" i'd be in trouble.
                            Been away, out of the country, well most of the time anyway, did pop into the forum at odd times, now back ????

Sewerat Bob
                            Bob

Have you forgotten how to use the smilies,seems to be a lack of them on your post's.

Comment

Andy,
                              They will return, once i get some pennies sent to Koi over the weekend, stay tuned as they say.

Sewerat Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X