do i or don't i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i or don't i

Just had a chat on the phone with this guy selling this 3.0l and he says i can have it for £650.Although the temp goes right up he doesn't know the cause of it and is assuming its the head so it may be something simple.Do i buy or not after i speak to the other half
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=001
    He also has a N reg 4runner hes thinking of selling aswell
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

could be the best bargain this year Richard.

or a pig in a poke.

go for it. worth that in bits if engine is gone eh?
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      could be the best bargain this year Richard.

or a pig in a poke.

go for it. worth that in bits if engine is gone eh?
      Thats what i thought but i've still got a 3.0l in the garage i need to sort the crankshaft seal and then sell the truck,but i may be able to leave this one on mother in laws drive for a week or 2.The truck i got in the garage cost £650 by the time i got it trailored the 100m or so home so i'll have to creep the mrs when she gets home from work in the morning

Comment

she must be used to it all by now mate. good luck
        Alan

Comment

she must be used to it all by now mate. good luck
          cheers mate.i got to modify the garage a bit aswell now to make life easier while working on the trucks

Comment

Judging by the crap on the top of that rad, it might not even be that major.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              Judging by the crap on the top of that rad, it might not even be that major.
              what crap? mines looks like that, but it's splatter marks from a repair and some of the paints rubbed off too.
              Alan

Comment

what crap? mines looks like that, but it's splatter marks from a repair and some of the paints rubbed off too.
                If you look at that, you have paint loss over to the offside, which is showing bare brass, but the nearside has been having coolant over it. Note the rusty colouring. That is a sh1ttily maintained coolant system with a shagged cap at least by the looks of it. Coolant spills whilst refilling would show a whitish residue, not rust coloured. That has come out of the system, not been spilled on the way in. That may however be a redeeming feature in this case. Also note the fact that the rad cap is an original Jap one.

Comment

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say sorry, but it's not worth any more than any other truck with an unknown engine/mechanical issue, there's nothing special on it to sell to make up a bit of cash, there's not even any standard extra's if you like (rear spoiler, inclinometer, recaros, spare wheel carrier etc.) not even chrome bumpers, although i almost prefer the grey ones.

£500 max. IMO
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Looks like a good deal Rich, go for it.

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

u getting posh?bought a trailer??

Comment

Working...
                      X