• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you put your CB's then ?

Hi peeps
    just got from fleabay the nicest CB i have ever owned, not the best but
    good for me ! seeing as i only ever use one when offroad with a group

So then, its a Din size jobby & i thought it would be good in the second din apperture below the Head unit! - coo imho

errrrr.....

its too long so sticks ot the dash far enough to interfre with any cars travelling behind me within 50M

so thought i'd ask you lovely people where abouts you've installed
    yours if you have one ?

all ideas appreciated

10/4

did i say that out loud ?

quality install from me, the bolster on the passenger side recaro hold's it perfectly against the side of the cubby box / transmission tunnel.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

thats not a bad shout - cheers,
      this thing is the size of the titanic though so not sure if it will go????

what about the aerial ?

Comment

mag mount on the roof or a bracket on the wheel carrier if you have one. or some put it on the bull bar

Comment

yep thats what i thought !

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...install&page=3
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              bracket on the wheel carrier if you have one. or some put it on the bull bar
              i have one on each, get shite groundplane on both. Had a DV mount on the rear roof lip, above the tailgate window on my old one, but can't do the same on this one as the current truck has a rear spoiler. Saw an interesting mount on ebay last week, which might give slightly better groundplane than a mirror mount on the wheel carrier arm ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190227086535 )

I don't like magmounts myself, they're good for pay and plays, but tight tree lined lanes have a habit of dragging them off the back of your roof. Seen a few rangies with giant springer aerials on magmounts on their bonnets which seems to work ok though.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

I have a short springer on a small clamp on the rear shutline of my bonnet on passenger side, works fine.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                  i have one on each, get shite groundplane on both. Had a DV mount on the rear roof lip, above the tailgate window on my old one, but can't do the same on this one as the current truck has a rear spoiler. Saw an interesting mount on ebay last week, which might give slightly better groundplane than a mirror mount on the wheel carrier arm ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190227086535 )

I don't like magmounts myself, they're good for pay and plays, but tight tree lined lanes have a habit of dragging them off the back of your roof. Seen a few rangies with giant springer aerials on magmounts on their bonnets which seems to work ok though.
                  that looks a good idea ! reckon i could make that myself, actually who am i kidding ? - never seem to get time to do all these little projects but still good - reaonable cost aswell !

cheers

Comment

Cheers for all the replies - got me thinking now

Comment

the bonnet one is great works the treat and only about a fiver from
                      www.hamradiosupplies.co.uk incl cable....

One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                        quality install from me, the bolster on the passenger side recaro hold's it perfectly against the side of the cubby box / transmission tunnel.
                        He he thats where mine is!

I've got my springer on a mag mount in the centre of the roof as this is meant to be the best place to get an even groundplane, but I haven't been down any overgrown greenlanes with it yet so will probably stick it on the bonnet when I do.

Is it just down my way or is there absolutely no one on there anymore?? Remember when I first had one it was hard to find a free channel. Now they are usually all free.

Comment

Working...
                        X