Petrol Prices 1983 to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    It's tax and price increases by the retailers, or possibly the distributors, to offset falling demand. When you say 'Fuel Companies' what do you mean?
    I agree with you on that, but I feel it's still profiteering and as I am on the road most of the time I don't believe there is fall in demand - yet! Re the fuel companies, I am sure one of them, possibly BP has recently announced high profits, but I will stand corrected on that one

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
      Veg oil is dearer than diesel at the moment!!!! The fact that diesel is creeping up on the forecourt is just profiteering by the fuel companies - how the f**k do the justify it whe n they have just announced record profits!!

Cheers, Nick
      Its going to to be WVO which im getting for free so it should'nt cost alot to set up a filtering system.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
        Re the fuel companies, I am sure one of them, possibly BP has recently announced high profits, but I will stand corrected on that one
        BP has announced better than expected (but not record) profits. Oil (not fuel) companies make a huge ammount of money purely because of the huge quantities of crude they produce and or process globally, not because they charge an extra 2ppl in the UK. The big Oil companies make their money from exploration, not retail sales. As I've said many times before, if BP, for instance, gave petrol and Diesel to the retailers for free, you'd not notice it.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

BP has announced better than expected (but not record) profits. Oil (not fuel) companies make a huge ammount of money purely because of the huge quantities of crude they produce and or process globally, not because they charge an extra 2ppl in the UK. The big Oil companies make their money from exploration, not retail sales. As I've said many times before, if BP, for instance, gave petrol and Diesel to the retailers for free, you'd not notice it.
          Ive never really known how the oil companies worked but now you've explained it a bit, i have a clearer picture of who the greedy ba$tard really are.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
            Ive never really known how the oil companies worked but now you've explained it a bit, i have a clearer picture of who the greedy ba$tard really are.
            Most of them diversify too. BP for example are the world leaders in Solar Power technology. A fair bit of their profit comes from that, but it's not in the media's interest to tell folk these bits.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
              The thing is those figures do not tell the whole story...
              Petrol may have tripled in the last 26 years but my salary has increased approximately 30 fold, so in real terms petrol is a lot cheaper than it has ever been.
              That is always conveniently forgotten when people start ranting. On average, we are wealthier in real terms than we were 25 years ago.

Indeed, somewhere in the dim past, I posted sums to show that BP's profits are less than 5% of their turnover, which makes it a very marginal business indeed. Even if they made all that profit on fuel, it's not a business I'd get into.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog View Post
                Petrol Prices 1983 to date
                How gutting are these?

1983 36.7
                1984 38.7
                1985 42.8
                1986 38.2
                1987 37.8
                1988 34.7
                1989 38.4
                1990 40.2
                1991 39.5
                1992 40.3
                1993 45.9
                1994 48.9
                1995 50.9
                1996 52.9
                1997 57.9
                1998 60.9
                1999 61.9
                2000 76.9
                2001 77.9
                2002 69.9
                2003 77.9
                2004 77.9
                2005 79.9
                2006 88.9
                2007 95.9
                2008 118.9

Prices have doubled since I started paying for fuel at 16 on my scooter in 1999!!!
                They'll be doubled again soon Tim.

Tim?

Tim!?

Oh never mind.

Comment

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                  X