new surfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new surfer

Hi guys n gals, great site. just bought my first surf (ssr-x 2.4 `93 2L-TE).
    wish I`d seen this stuff before buying, you`ve scared me to death with head cracking stories. No problems as yet, but cant keep my eyes off temp needle now(thanks). must say i`m impressed with the surf as i`ve been a die hard range rover fan for years, but had to economise hence the surf,wish i`d have done it years ago!
    anyway enjoying all your experiences,good and bad and hope i can contribute soon(hopefully not bad).

welcome to the madhouse mate ive had my 2.4 for 12 months now no problems. according to a poll we did on here a vast majority of the 2.4 surfs have not had a problem with the head so chill a bit and enjoy
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by sleeticus
      Hi guys n gals, great site. just bought my first surf (ssr-x 2.4 `93 2L-TE).
      wish I`d seen this stuff before buying, you`ve scared me to death with head cracking stories. No problems as yet, but cant keep my eyes off temp needle now(thanks). must say i`m impressed with the surf as i`ve been a die hard range rover fan for years, but had to economise hence the surf,wish i`d have done it years ago!
      anyway enjoying all your experiences,good and bad and hope i can contribute soon(hopefully not bad).
      Welcome aboard!! Don't get too stressed about the head. If it's cracked it'll go sooner or later, if it's not ( and many people on here have 2.4's with no problems) then you'll be fine!

Whatever happens you'll enjoy driving it!!

Oh and we've been driving our 2.4 complete with cracked head and permanet dribble from coolant system for 3 months now, including two trips off road (admittedly we are gonna replace the engine, but it just shows how tough thesetrucks are!!)

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Happy surfer

Thanks for moral support guys. I am enjoying the surf more and more. does anyone know how to make the radio pick up uk frequencys. mines a kenwood all singing and dancing thing with cd, drop down front, disco screen, the works( obviously not uk model, i.e steam driven).

Comment

Hi sleeticus
          where bouts in Yorkshire?????
          and where did ya get surf from dealer or private sale if from dealer where bouts im still looking, from Castleford by the way.. And get some piccys on lol
          if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

heyup firefly.
            after much research i ended up buyine from beeches in keithley. they had a nice selection and did me a decent deal for cash. i have to say they didn't have much 'personality' as far as dealers go but they did seem to be cheaper than everywhere else.
            http://www.beechesmotorcompany.co.uk/

good luck with your search mate.

will
            black 1995 ssrx 3.0ltd

Comment

Originally posted by sleeticus
              Thanks for moral support guys. I am enjoying the surf more and more. does anyone know how to make the radio pick up uk frequencys. mines a kenwood all singing and dancing thing with cd, drop down front, disco screen, the works( obviously not uk model, i.e steam driven).
              You can fit a band expander but unless you live on top of a transmitter it ain't worth the hassle. Best bet is ditch it, get a UK spec one.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Hi firefly, I got my surf from a dealer in castleford just up from the train crossing on the way out of cas towards whitwood. a real couple of del boys but seem to get a few imports in at reasonable price.

Comment

Working...
                X