This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Fortuner

hi all, it's been a while, but I have been checking out the Toyota Fortuna after seeing them in Laos. I think they look awesome! and not overly big either. I know it's not all about looks (which is a personal thing anyway) but the Fortuner replaces the 4Runner, and I asked about importing one here, but Soni Motors in Thailand said currently it can't be done doh!

Fortuner

I want to get one for Laos though, funds permitting. Unless anyway knows a reason not too??? I heard there is a little issue with the brakes, but think this is kind of the same with all 4x4s. Seen quite a few Surfs out there, but think the Fortuna sits between the Surf and the Landcruiser. Anyway any thoughts or info from those in the know would be great. Cheers.
    Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

Blimey, it's a bit fugly ain't it?

Comment

fugly? fugly he says!? well, hehe, as I said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I like it.

That site says:-
      "Fortuner has turned Thailand's SUV market upside down. According to Bangkok Post, it has grabbed a 70.4% share of the market by increasing its sales by a whopping 1,204%." ... So some people like it

Comment

Looks a lot like the new Kia Sportage!
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Saw a few while I was in Singapore. I thought they looked OK but not much room in the boot

bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

How much ?
            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Dont listen to that bushwhacker person, he knows nowt. Thats not a bad looking motor. Its a bit like the current RAV4 inflated to 200PSI.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkel View Post
                and I asked about importing one here, but Soni Motors in Thailand said currently it can't be done doh!
                Did they say why?

Comment

Yeah I can see the similarity with the Kia, but definately different seeing it in person. Especially with a few 'extras' on it.

The cost in Thailand is about 1-1.2million Baht (approx £16k). Taking a car into Laos however adds an insane amount of tax.

Soni Motors didn't state any reason, but I presume it's to do with anti capitalisation laws or something and the manufacturers bidding for certain countries I guess. I've sent a mail to another exporter to confirm however.

But yeah I think it is a good looking motor, and it is basically a surf/4runner, which is what it evolved from.

I quite like this one (but in black):-

or a nice white one:-
                  Last edited by Snorkel; 8 June 2008, 07:22.

Comment

Looks like the Mk6 Hilux from the front to the B pillar. then it all goes a bit... squashed!

Are you looking for a truck for the UK? or elsewhere?! £16k is a lot of money. You have a LOT of options in the 4x4 market for £16k

Comment

As of last month (the date I decided to start a business) I'm not able to buy anything till early next year. I do want one for out there, but yeah, depending on what work I do here next year it could be a 4x4. It really depends on how the business goes out there, hence whether it's worth me coming back here and if so what type of work I could put up with.

Since Jan till last month I had been placing bids with a Jap Auction company to try to get a Surf, but kept getting out bid (one time by £80 I think!) - there's no way to increase your bid (on the day). My budget was £8k for the newest one I could have got my hands on - but no more as right now I need all the cash I can get

So really, money permitting I'd only want a Surf as I think they're the best one, unless the Fortuner was sold here (which may not actually be better than a Surf I don't know - but I do like it).

Comment

Working...
                      X