Bummer, Missed Out Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer, Missed Out Again!

Watched these brackets for a week on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=013

Put a max bid of £15 in with Lotsnipe. Thought I was sitting pretty with an hour to go as the highest bid was £5.51.

When I checked back after the auction finished I was surprised to find out how much they had gone for!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Lotsnipe???

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Lotsnipe???
      Yeah, you just enter the amount you're prepared to go up to and it puts your bid in at the last few seconds if you're away from the computer.

Comment

Well thats just not 'cricket' if you ask me, Lovejoy wouldn't approve of it.

Comment

Unfortunately it's how a lot of people win the auctions. I only use it when I can't be there to bid in the last few minutes. I prefer the thrill of the chase!

Comment

I just put in the maximum amount I am willing to pay for item and thats that.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
              I just put in the maximum amount I am willing to pay for item and thats that.
              same here, alot less hassel

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                Unfortunately it's how a lot of people win the auctions. I only use it when I can't be there to bid in the last few minutes. I prefer the thrill of the chase!
                How does it work then, do you give it a maximum bid amount or free use of your bank card?
                Alan

Comment

How does it work then, do you give it a maximum bid amount or free use of your bank card?
                  Amounts to the same Alan

Excuse the pun

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution View Post
                    Amounts to the same Alan

Excuse the pun
                    eh! it can bid what it likes then?
                    Alan

Comment

No mate. You bid your maximum amount, same as Ebay. Say for example you think the item is worth £20.00 to you, so you enter that amount in Lotsnipe. If the highest bid is say £12 with a few seconds to go it will bid £13.

If, however, the highest bid is above your maximum bid then it will simply send you an email saying your maximum amount wasn't sufficient. If you only use it 3 times in 7 days it doesn't cost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                        No mate. You bid your maximum amount, same as Ebay. Say for example you think the item is worth £20.00 to you, so you enter that amount in Lotsnipe. If the highest bid is say £12 with a few seconds to go it will bid £13.

If, however, the highest bid is above your maximum bid then it will simply send you an email saying your maximum amount wasn't sufficient. If you only use it 3 times in 7 days it doesn't cost anything.
                        Is that not just the same as putting your highest bid in on ebay then?
                        Alan

Comment

Is that not just the same as putting your highest bid in on ebay then?
                          Actually, no. It's a bit hard to explain, but let's say there was only me and one other person interested (unlikely I know). If I placed my high bid of £20 on Ebay then the other person may continue upping his bid until he eventually beat my high bid.

If I placed my high bid on Lotsnipe, and say his high bid was £15, Lotsnipe would come in at the last second and bid £16 beating his highest bid and giving him very little chance of placing another bid in time.

It's a bit of a b@stards trick but I've been beaten in the last few seconds loads of times!

Comment

Working...
                          X