Internet bank scams ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet bank scams ??

Just got back off hols to find a couple of emails in my inbox from Nat West and RBS - Royal Bank of Scotland asking me confirm my online banking details as they are enhancing their security .
    Highly suspicious as I'm not with either of these banks . Sounds to me like some scammers trying their luck . Anybody else had the same emails ?
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Not personally, but they are very common. I think you can report them to the banks in question if you're feeling charitable.

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts View Post
      Just got back off hols to find a couple of emails in my inbox from Nat West and RBS - Royal Bank of Scotland asking me confirm my online banking details as they are enhancing their security .
      Highly suspicious as I'm not with either of these banks . Sounds to me like some scammers trying their luck . Anybody else had the same emails ?
      Not had those, but there are variations flying around, as well as the odd lottery/ or will beneficiary emails on the loose.

And there's some Paypal phishs about too.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Mate, I get at least 3 a week. Delete them straight away. They nearly all start with Dear (bank name) customer which shows they are fake. All my genuine stuff has my name on it and even then I'm extremely cautious.
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

A Bank will never as you to confirm a password or account in this way.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            A Bank will never asK you to confirm a password or account in this way.
            Just thought I give ya a K Yoshie

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
              Just thought I give ya a K Yoshie

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
              we'll get lots of that now, his keyboard is fecked!
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Yoshie, I'm loving that avatar is she single

Comment

Had a couple like that from JP morgan a while back, most banks have an area on their website to report scammers using their name. I even got a reply from JP morgan saying thank you, they could have shown their gratitude a little better by offering beer tokens though
                  Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution View Post
                    Yoshie, I'm loving that avatar is she single
                    Eh no mate sorry
                    Brian

Comment

there is also one going around which is suppoesed to be from paypal,
                      i have emailed paypal regarding this matter,
                      this is what they said,
                      if the paypal on your screen does NOT have the gold padlock symbol then it is a fake,
                      they take there security very seriously and if you get any from paypal like this,
                      then send them a copy and they will investigate,

Comment

Never ever login to a site like a Bank or Paypal ect from a link in an email.

Here is advice on how to close a fake Bank ect, if you fancy joining the fight

Sub section rules & advice
                        Brian

Comment

Common sense says that any e-mail asking you to confirm account details is a scam. A legitimate company would never, (should never), do so via e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Eh no mate sorry

Now i am truly devastated now you said that thought my luck was in

Comment

If you sign up to Internet banking, the bank usually states someone, and on login (at least NatWest do) that they will NEVER ask for your details or for you to confirm any details via email.

If you get an email asking you to confirm details of an account with a bank you know you are not with - it's very obvious this is a scam.....
                              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                              X