Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay bidder with no histroy

Hello

I'm selling my mates hilux on ebay (I'm not posting details of it because that's not what this thread is about).

I'm not very experienced on ebay but have some reservations about a bidder.

He has no history but has been a member for a while.

Every time someone bids he outbids them automatically.

I smell a rat!

Discuss please..............what's going on???????
    Another member of the 'A' team

he may just have a maximum bid set up,whereby it automaticaly keeps him top bidder up to a certain amount

or he may be a total git
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I agree with GWH. Too hard to tell. Send him a message asking for his phone number and give him a call and a grilling.

Comment

Remember its not possible to leave a neg as a seller anymore. Tw@ts can have a laugh at your expense.

However, he may have just set a maximum bid and now automatically bids until he reaches his limit (proxy bidding). Might be perfectly OK.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

OK - I'll email him and see if he's mucking about

Cheers

Comment

Why not get a mate to put in a bid of £60,000 and see if the other guy's still winning !

Might bugger up your auction a little but you could always get the bid deleted OR you could get him to put a series of incremental bids on to find out what the guys ceiling is - but that's sneaky and unethical .....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Look at the time when the bids were placed. If he had a high maximun bid then the time will show his bid was placed beforehand. If after then he is bidding after.

Nev

Comment

to be honest, car sales to zero rated people are pretty much not accepted unless the person calls up and speaks to you. there are LOTS of car scammers, so beware the standard package of: can i pay by cheque - they send too much, you refund, they take car and refund, then their cheque bounces AFTER its been cleared (yes, thats right).
                with a hilux, i'd just list in autotrader and it WILL SELL - my mate travelled from worcester to Halifax just to see one (which he then bought) then went to get it a week later.

To paraphrase a certain film: If you list it, they will come.....

dont #### about with ebay for a Hilux - thats my advice. what? you didnt ask for my advice? bugga!
                If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

I got mine on ebay and travelled to Bristol to collect, she's a beauty too.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                    Look at the time when the bids were placed. If he had a high maximun bid then the time will show his bid was placed beforehand. If after then he is bidding after.

Nev
                    His bids are timed beforehand so he has a high bid in.

I have mailed him and asked him to mail me a number so I can call him. If I'm not happy I'll bin him.

It has a few days to run so I'll see what happens and then pull it if I'm not happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X