Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob rubbish question #2 in a series of undisclosed length & annoyance

Hi again surfers
    now, please bear with an ageing noob surfer, HOW THE ###### HELL DO YOU GET TO THE BACK OF THE HEADLIGHTS NAD/OR CHANGE THE BULBS !!!!!!!!!

sorry

calmed down a bit now ?

trying to get a feed wire for me new spots (dont but the £28 jobbies from ebay as i have, the ones with tthe led rings for the sidelights - theay're *rap)
    & as far as i can see you have to dismantle half the engine bay, remove the wheels, buy a skoda, remove its wheels,
    drain coolant etc to get at the bulbs / plugs

ok, so what am i missing here ?

cheers for your help

RED

Originally posted by red october View Post
    Hi again surfers
    now, please bear with an ageing noob surfer, HOW THE ###### HELL DO YOU GET TO THE BACK OF THE HEADLIGHTS NAD/OR CHANGE THE BULBS !!!!!!!!!

sorry

calmed down a bit now ?

trying to get a feed wire for me new spots (dont but the £28 jobbies from ebay as i have, the ones with tthe led rings for the sidelights - theay're *rap)
    & as far as i can see you have to dismantle half the engine bay, remove the wheels, buy a skoda, remove its wheels,

cheers for your help

RED
    use search on top right matey,but in a shell it's an arse,remove the bottle behind it and the battery if u have one behind it

Comment

Eh? Its a doddle! Try doing it on a car less than 5 years old. Main dealer job!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Some past advice found by using the search function

Dirty Dog:
        I tend to do it via loosening the battery and moving back (cant do this on my new ones they are so big!), then remove washer bottle or overflow tank and if pass side the front air filter pipe then you can access the back of the light.
        Not the most simple of changes.

Jakey Cakes:
        I go in from the front.
        remove both side light units ( two screws and pull forward)
        remove the front grill assy ( little push down clip retainers about 8 of them)
        unbolt headlamp housing (three bolts)
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Here you go - enjoy

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hi again surfers

sorry

calmed down a bit now ?

cheers for your help

RED
            nice to see another local, i'm in eastleigh if you need a hand or got any prob's give me a hola

Comment

If you are fitting the cheapo ebay chrome bling ones then try to waterproof and seal the bowls ( grease and silicone) as much as possible before fitting.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                If you are fitting the cheapo ebay chrome bling ones then try to waterproof and seal the bowls ( grease and silicone) as much as possible before fitting.
                yeah kerr i have siliconed the bejesus out of the bowls as they looked a bit "leaky" cheers

Sledge - hi to a local, your not the guy at the top of nightingale are you ? Green lifted surf ? - regardless it would be good to meet up & talk **llocks & drink coffee etc - drop us a line!

thanks all, i will have another go - nearly there, messed about with wiring a bit more than normal as i want to put in 130w lamps & have used wiring direct from the titanic main generator for ny future upgrades,

generally the ebay £28 lights are ok with a good mounting, but as mentioned already you need to silicone the bowls & the earth connection on the actual bulb is a bit *rap

cheers all

Comment

Sledge - hi to a local, your not the guy at the top of nightingale are you ? Green lifted surf ? - regardless it would be good to meet up & talk **llocks & drink coffee etc - drop us a line!

cheers all
                  yep thats me lol

i guess you've seen me around

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                    yep thats me lol

i guess you've seen me around
                    lol yeah drive down there a few times, got family on magpie lane,
                    heard of any of the Coward family ? - wifes side& seen the beast up there a few times, i think ts got the surf.co.uk etc on it hasnt it ?

eostreonline.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                      Here you go - enjoy

Trev

cheers Trev,
                      that is a very funny peice of writing!

did i mention i had it all connected up bar the hi beam switch & then realised i had made the loom up tight before including the fuse holders !

Comment

lol yeah drive down there a few times, got family on magpie lane,
                        heard of any of the Coward family ? - wifes side& seen the beast up there a few times, i think ts got the surf.co.uk etc on it hasnt it ?

eostreonline.co.uk
                        no sorry haven't heard of them, only been here about 9 months lol

yh it's got the forum stick and address

Comment

In from the back!! everytime, by far the safe'st way
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                            In from the back!! everytime, by far the safe'st way
                            are we on to smutty replies ahain ? lol

yeah i agree, always safer in from the back - less chance of unwanted pregnancy, tee hee

Comment

Working...
                            X