another insurance Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another insurance Q.

the person who hit my car and drove off isnt responding to their insurance letters..
    its been 5 weeks now, and im still without any money or courtesy car. im seeking legal advice now but i think im screwed!!

someone told me that if the person never replies to their insurance letters then the insurance company wont deal with it at all..
    i only got 3rd party fire / theft as its what i could afford at the time. things have got better so i should be able to go fully comp next time but right now i have nothing to go on except to keep badgering the insurance company.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

If you have their name and address, take them to the small claims court. It's fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      If you have their name and address, take them to the small claims court. It's fun.
      i have nothing like that since they drove off as much fun as it would be, im not going to be able to experience that excitement easily
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Can you get the address from the insurance company? they seem to have it if they're sending letters to them.
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

In that case i would go see old bill and report the hit and run

Comment

tell your insurance that you want the details then go to the Police and report it as a fail to stop at an accident, i think its an offence
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
              tell your insurance that you want the details then go to the Police and report it as a fail to stop at an accident, i think its an offence
              it is a offence if your involved in a accident n leave the scene but not sure how you would stand if it a couple of weeks after

Comment

Ahem....if you were slightly injured...set one of the many ambulance chasing legal compensation companies on them....'where theres a claim..there's my commission etc'...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

i reported it immediately with a phone call, and the next day i handed in the report form to the police station. it is an offence, and i hope he gets a hefty community service sentance.
                  the police seem to be twiddling their thumbs as i phoned them last week to see where they were with this and it hadnt even been looked into.

i clearly stated many times on the form that there was a bus behind me all the time during this incident, and the bus driver stated he was a witness, and he had CCTV evidence. i also stated there is no answer at the bus garage the whole day i tried to call and if they wanted CCTV evidence then they had to do it within 1 month before it gets deleted.
                  i doubt they bothered to get it
                  anyway, what can the police do for me???
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                    Ahem....if you were slightly injured...set one of the many ambulance chasing legal compensation companies on them....'where theres a claim..there's my commission etc'...
                    im not injured, although i wish i was sometimes. would have been a lot easier i bet...
                    i have a job, and need money to pay bills. i dont like lieing and im almost 23 with more than a couple of grey hairs.. i dont want any more
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                      im not injured,

i dont like lieing and im almost 23 with more than a couple of grey hairs.. i dont want any more
                      Good for you mate! Its because of all the cheats who pretend to be injured to get compo that we pay so much money for insurance.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

then take what they offer you, buy truck back fix it of sell as spares,go buy a new truck. Somtimes you have to bite the bullet, how ever, dont take the first offer, tell you will take it as part payment, tell them what you have done to the truck and let them re-assess the offer, you may be able to get the truck thrown in as part of the offer, remember your the customer
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

cheers guys
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                          X