Is there a company that fits the heaters so you
    can run on veg oil?
    Thanks for any help.
    Live the dream.......

Originally posted by madison View Post
    Is there a company that fits the heaters so you
    can run on veg oil?
    Thanks for any help.
    Why not fit one yourself, I got mine off fleabay.

This is what I had, if you go for it make sure you specify 10mm pipe fitting, otherwise you will get 6mm and they are too thin.

Trev

Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Knocked mine up out of 22 & 15mm copper tube and some fittings, then had it nickle plated (£5), make friends with a plumber
      Attached Files
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
        Why not fit one yourself, I got mine off fleabay.

This is what I had, if you go for it make sure you specify 10mm pipe fitting, otherwise you will get 6mm and they are too thin.

Trev

got any pics of it fitted?
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
          got any pics of it fitted?
          Sorry I don't and I no longer have a truck - you could ask Bio if he has any pics as he fitted the same thing.

Comment

did you find there was much difference between it being on and off in colder weather?
            also what mix of veg/diesel did you use with it?

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
              Sorry I don't and I no longer have a truck - you could ask Bio if he has any pics as he fitted the same thing.
              took it off last week when i was removing the head........there were some pictures here somewhere
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w- View Post
                did you find there was much difference between it being on and off in colder weather?
                also what mix of veg/diesel did you use with it?
                I had mine just before the filter and was running 100% veg.

In the cold of winter she behaved like it was spring when the unit was turned on

There's a hill I have to go up just after leaving town, in winter she would be hard pressed to hit 30 up it, with the unit fitted 50 no problem

If hippo hadn't died I would have fitted a second unit after the filter.

Trev

Comment

One thing to remember is that the heater if using radiator water will not work till water warms up, so doesn't help with starting up in cold weather. Also i believe that copper has a bad reaction with veg oil, although i might be wrong.
                  Philip
                  Still Searching,
                  Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                    One thing to remember is that the heater if using radiator water will not work till water warms up, so doesn't help with starting up in cold weather. Also i believe that copper has a bad reaction with veg oil, although i might be wrong.
                    Philip
                    Yes there was an issue involving copper and veg, the copper degrades the veg tho how quickly this happens i dont know, plus the research for this was carried out by a dutch or someone instuite regarding food grade veg storage,but i'd guess it would'nt be in there long enough to bugga the veg up, however with this in mind thats why i had my one nickle plated, the bloke reccons it would plate inside as well, also had the tank one plated as well,
                    the hot water method dose'nt help cold starting on veg and i did plan to add a swirl tank with a glow plug in it and fit some heater tape on the lines but as the price of veg has shot up it's hardly worth the expense, so next plan was just make a long range tank out of it, i'll finish it one of these days,
                    i did'nt fancy useing one of those heaters mentioned as it's small and think theres a good chance of the glow plug burning the oil, dont know what temp setting the stat switch is set at but i'd be happier if it was in a slightly larger resovoir,

Comment

I ran mine all through the winter months on a mix of 50/50 diesel and veggie, never had a problem with starting or running. Back to 60/40 mix at the minute. Did a hundred mile round trip to Seahouses yesterday sat at 70 mph for quite a while and never missed a beat! (I was going to put never flackered but Googled the word and no results came up, did I just make that word up or has anyone else heard of it, or did I just spell it wrong?)
                      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                        I ran mine all through the winter months on a mix of 50/50 diesel and veggie, never had a problem with starting or running. Back to 60/40 mix at the minute. Did a hundred mile round trip to Seahouses yesterday sat at 70 mph for quite a while and never missed a beat! (I was going to put never flackered but Googled the word and no results came up, did I just make that word up or has anyone else heard of it, or did I just spell it wrong?)
                        Sounds like a mix of f##ked and knackered

Comment

Hmmmm, you're right Ian, although I'm sure that word exists! It might just be a Geordie word, (but no doubt I'm mistaken again)!

Your War Of The Worlds CD is on it's way mate, enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                            Hmmmm, you're right Ian, although I'm sure that word exists! It might just be a Geordie word, (but no doubt I'm mistaken again)!

Your War Of The Worlds CD is on it's way mate, enjoy!

Thanks for the CD Jim! appreceiate it,

there's loads of "odd" names/ sayings, my mum used to come out with many northern (oldham) gems, and i could hardly understand her mum (my gran) when we went up there,

Comment

Nee bother! Just let me know when it arrives mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X