Fog Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Light

Well after i went over to Avalanche last Sunday and did what i do best because
    i always forget to take fog-light off and end up rippin it off! so i found a place for it.
    What do you think, and would it pass MOT where it is as the light is abit smaller
    where its mounted, iv only test fitted it

Last edited by SurfingNow; 30 May 2008, 16:50.

Hmmm. Don't know but I doubt it. My mates an MOT tester and he said he wouldn't pass my Surf because it didn't have the British Standard something or other mark on the number plate!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      Hmmm. Don't know but I doubt it. My mates an MOT tester and he said he wouldn't pass my Surf because it didn't have the British Standard something or other mark on the number plate!
      slap that mate or find a new1

i dont no bout fog light either but might pop into where i have me mot's done and ask
      but its about the best place i can find to put it

Comment

I need to buy some flush fit ones for mine and Nina's trucks - we flattened Nina's last weekend.....

I may put four into my bumper - two for fogs and two for driving/brakes.....
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I like the look of that, it's subtle until you turn it on.

I was sure there was something in the MOT regs about a maximum height for the fog light, but all the info I've found says a single lamp must be in the middle or off-side, and work properly. So looks like you should be a go.

Wasn't one of the members here an MOT tester? Or could you not just pop down to your local MOT station and just ask one of the inspectors on his opinion?
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingNow View Post
            slap that mate or find a new1

i dont no bout fog light either but might pop into where i have me mot's done and ask
            but its about the best place i can find to put it
            Errrrm. This is the mate that helped me lift my truck, fit new wheel bearings, reconditioned the starter motor, sorted out the audio system when I first bought it and lends me lots of tools.

I think I'll stay his mate!

(Oh and as for giving him a slap, he's 6'4" and built like a brick sh*thouse.)
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

the only way i could see a tester being funny about not passing that, is if the wheel carrier covers(obscures) any of the lense.

Comment

good general website: http://www.ukmot.com/1-1.asp

government website: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uks...1796_en_16.htm : this claims maximum height from floor to be 1000mm (other than agricultural vehicle)
                Gaz

Comment

Working...
                X