Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    hehehehe!!

I didn't go, had to postpone 'till Monday.

Drove the truck up the road, and it wouldn't change gear, so it's back in the operating theatre.
    There's a sensor thats either not connected, or I have forgoten to tell the ECU about it!
    I have to say though, if thats what it goes like in first gear, (45mph@4000rpm) I can't wait 'till the others are working!

Oh, and I've removed the big silencer from the exhaust, 'cos the sound was too muted. Just got the one now so the pipes exit below the rear passenger door. Sounds like a muscle car now!
    Well?
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
      Well?
      is there any news of "the patient"
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        is there any news of "the patient"

Where the hell do ya find these avitars????
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

they are all old ex girlfriends of bdt !!
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            they are all old ex girlfriends of bdt !!
            One day at the time I guess..

Comment

***FAILED!!***

Offside lower balljoint, bulb blown in side repeater!!!!! split C/V joint boot, brakes pulling to one side.

BAST**DS!!!!

We had to take two cars for the camping trip!

Anyhoo, long story short, I had to take it to another MOT garage 'cos I my usual tester is on holiday.
              This other garage had obviously never tested a Surf before, the geezer was trying to open the tailgate by feeling for a handle around the reversing lights!!!!
              Oh yeah, and they put 112079 MILES and not kms on the certificate, f*ckwits!
              In summary, I've got untill next friday to get the repairs done.

p.s. The good news is, the truck passed the emmisions test (petrol) with flying colours, and my engine installation is excellent.....apparently.

Comment

Bummer on the failure, but kudos on the engine install comments!!!!

I love the fact he was trying to open the tailgate like that - ahhh - bless...

Mine failed this week on the horn!!!! (oh yeah, and some play in the upper ball joints) so I took the horn off, cleaned the contacts and put it back on, and whaddaya know - it works just fine!!

The guy in the garage did the ball joints....I was going to do it when I got the spacers, but no sign of them, and so it didn't happen.

BTW - where did you get the car tent thing from????
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

***FAILED!!***

Offside lower balljoint, bulb blown in side repeater!!!!! split C/V joint boot, brakes pulling to one side.

BAST**DS!!!!

We had to take two cars for the camping trip!

Anyhoo, long story short, I had to take it to another MOT garage 'cos I my usual tester is on holiday.
                  This other garage had obviously never tested a Surf before, the geezer was trying to open the tailgate by feeling for a handle around the reversing lights!!!!
                  Oh yeah, and they put 112079 MILES and not kms on the certificate, f*ckwits!
                  In summary, I've got untill next friday to get the repairs done.

p.s. The good news is, the truck passed the emmisions test (petrol) with flying colours, and my engine installation is excellent.....apparently.
                  Well done! "sort of", at least it's minor stuff, tho it does make ya wonder if your getting a fair test between different testers, i used to like being there when it was carried out but they dont like that now, so ya dont know what their up to, well done on the engine installation,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

are you aware there's a tent humping the back of you car? Sorry to hear of the fail, hope all gets fixed soon.
                    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                      Well done! "sort of", at least it's minor stuff, tho it does make ya wonder if your getting a fair test between different testers, i used to like being there when it was carried out but they dont like that now, so ya dont know what their up to, well done on the engine installation,

The problem was, the garage who carried out the test also do repairs, so I reckon they saw a few quid to be made out of me. Where as my usual testing station do only MOTs and would have said something like..."you need a new balljoint and boot, replace the bulb and adjust yer brakes and you're good to go" and then given me a pass certificate 'cos they know I would have done the repairs straight away. (Known me for ten years)

Comment

And the tent????

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                          And the tent????

Oh yeah, I got it from Canada about four years ago, but I think TonyN was flogging them a while back.

They called sportz SUV/truck tents from Napier enterprises.
                          http://napierenterprises.com/site/in...d=30&Itemid=32

Comment

Oh yeah, I got it from Canada about four years ago, but I think TonyN was flogging them a while back.

They called sportz SUV/truck tents from Napier enterprises.
                            http://www.napierenterprises.com/
                            Taralot! - Looking for something similar for day competitions......

Comment

have a look at the one i got from Joker its a Sunncamp automate recoment it and you dont have to put the inner sleeping compartment up if its just for day events!!

http://www.camperite.co.uk/index.php...products_id=25

also what would cause the breaks to pull to one side think mine is doing that also geting a squeel from rear break drum?

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                                have a look at the one i got from Joker its a Sunncamp automate recoment it and you dont have to put the inner sleeping compartment up if its just for day events!!

http://www.camperite.co.uk/index.php...products_id=25

also what would cause the breaks to pull to one side think mine is doing that also geting a squeel from rear break drum?
                                They're pulling towards the offside, so that means the nearside caliper has a sticking piston again (Common on Surfs, they either stick on the way out or stick in the out position causing brake drag and pulling to the nearside.)

Comment

Working...
                                X