2" body lift but not a lift kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" body lift but not a lift kit?

Okay, dumb question time. I've just spotted this on Ebay and was wondeing how or where do you fit it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=006

Here is the guys description:

NEW 2" BODY LIFT FOR A TOYOTA HILUX SURF

This kit is new and in its sealed packaging. Came from Milner Offroad.

I was intending to fit it to my Hilux Surf that I just sold so I no longer need it.

This is a 2" Body Lift not a Lift kit. This will give you extra clearance for fitting bigger tyres ideal for offroading or trialing.

Also see my New Safari Snorkel that is advertise.

How can it be a 2" body lift but not a lift kit?

Explain please gentlemen.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Milners only do a 1.5" bodylift according to the catalogue and thats the new catalogue just sent out.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

So where does it fit Richard? Would you have to fit anything else apart from that kit? More importantly, is it worthwhile?

Comment

If your wanting to fit bigger tyres or just have a bit more height and keep standard tyres then yea its worth while
        It goes between the chasis and the body to lift the body a bit more from the chasis.
        I have got a 4" lift on the breaker thats up for sale.2" bodylift,uprated springs and 2" spring spacers,rad drop brackets,steering damper and 4x +2" shocks
        you will also need front bumper lift brackets which i forgot to take off of the front bumper when i sold it as well as the rad drop brackets which you may or may not need depending on what rad you got
        Last edited by stormforce; 29 May 2008, 21:43.

Comment

Already got the uprated springs and suspension lift mate that's why I may be interested in this kit on Ebay. Does it take long to fit and do you know how much it is in the new Milners catalogue please?

Comment

Found it on their new site mate, it's £55 + vat. As you say they only quote 1.5" lift.

Comment

It will take a couple of hours at the most i should think.Do the drivers side first tho.Undo all the mount bolts 5 each side but leave the bolts in place tho.Slacken the bolts on the steering column 2 under the bonnet and 1 under the dash to allow the steering column to adjust its self. Have a couple of jacks to lift the drivers side of the body just enough to remove the old spacers and fit the new spacers,then lower the jacks and put the bolts through then do the same on the passenger side then do all the bolts up. You will also need to slacken off the fuel filler pipe which is accessed via a panel in the wheel arch but remember to do it up again after

Comment

I would ask him to measure one of the blocks, I think thats a 1.5" kit.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Don't slacken the fuel filler pipe if you don't have to, it can be a dog to get back on, it's corrugated so let it stretch, just keep an eye on it.
                  Alan

Comment

Thanks for the advice Richard.

Cheers Alan, I think it may pay to contact him to confirm the size.

Comment

tonyN sent me a 2" kit with bumper brackets for £85 including delivery.
                      Alan

Comment

With milners 1.5 spacers you should'nt have to cut any metal out round the hi/lo shift lever, i had to on a 2" lift tho, not a big job, and dont forget to unclip the rubber shrouds between the front inner wings and chassi, when they go "ping" as your gingerly jacking up the body it tends to make one $hit one's self, and just keep an eye on the break lines at the front as it goes up, their coiled so not a prob but worth a look as your jacking, and go round a few times with the old WD40 on the bolt nuts a week before you start, saves a lot of knuckle bashing, this is a lot easier with two people but if i can do it on me jack so anyone can
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                          tonyN sent me a 2" kit with bumper brackets for £85 including delivery.
                          I got that 1.5" lift from milners, cost me £50 all in. that was with vat and delivery. u dont ask u dont get. only thing is it dont give u brackets for the rad or bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                            I got that 1.5" lift from milners, cost me £50 all in. that was with vat and delivery. u dont ask u dont get. only thing is it dont give u brackets for the rad or bumper.

£72 for me, wouldnt do any discount, not happy but wanted them and noone else seems to do them

Comment

Last post before yours was a year ago, maybe they've gone up since then mate?

Comment

Working...
                              X