Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service

Hi

When I bought my Surf I was told that it came with 2 years free servicing, it now turns out this only included labour and this free service is actually going to cost me £90. Bit of a shock considering my old car cost £50 to service and that was including labour. Not only that but the place that sold me the car has shut down and moved on.

Question is how much should a service cost ? I have done 6K miles since buying it.

Cheers

Brian

Originally posted by BI1
    Hi

When I bought my Surf I was told that it came with 2 years free servicing, it now turns out this only included labour and this free service is actually going to cost me £90. Bit of a shock considering my old car cost £50 to service and that was including labour. Not only that but the place that sold me the car has shut down and moved on.

Question is how much should a service cost ? I have done 6K miles since buying it.

Cheers

Brian
    with the help of this forum and a few spanners you will be able to service it yourself, the parts you need are cheap, see here, they do mail order

http://www.milneroffroad.com
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

parts are also available from www.toyotahilux.com
      have fun.......

see ya'll
      Planty

Comment

Originally posted by BI1
        Hi

Cheers

Brian
        Oil and filter change every 3000 miles, cam belt 100,000kms.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Great, thanks got the filter kit, now what make, type of oil do you guys recommend ?

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BI1
            Great, thanks got the filter kit, now what make, type of oil do you guys recommend ?

Brian
            Seems to be a bit of difference of opinion here. Personally as I do quite a bit of motorway driving I get the best I can afford - Castrol GTD Magnatec, although Mobil oils are excellent but hugely expensive.

If you are not doing so much motorway driving another opinion is that because the oil changes are so frequent then you can get away with a cheap oil.

Important thing is to get one for Turbo diesel engines as the turbo creates lots of heat and will break down oils not formulated for this.

My recommendation for grade would be 10W 40.

Cheers

Comment

i agree, it's the frequency of oil changes that matter on diesels, not so much the quality of the oil,
              [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Working...
              X