Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvH View Post
    Ok, so just got a quote from Swindon for £1069,97/year. Apparently it is so high, because the owner of the car hasn't got any NCB and he's got 6 points for speeding on his license. (that is TPFT only)

A quote for me with no points and 3 years NCB is £702,18/year, FC. Is that high or normal?
    It would depend on your age, but probably about right to on the high side. Have you tried Adrian Flux?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      It would depend on your age, but probably about right to on the high side. Have you tried Adrian Flux?
      Am on the phone to them now.

We are both 31 this year, not youngsters anymore....
      "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Clears throat.......

TRY LIFESURE

leaves.....
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          Clears throat.......

TRY LIFESURE

leaves.....

I will, THX!!!

OK, so now have a quote from NIG for Petr (with the points on his license) for £70/month and a quate for me from Groupama for £60/month.

Cheaper than what I am paying at the moment!!!
          "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

i stuck with direct line as already insured with them for my Clio and couldn't be bothered with the hassle of ringing round loads of others. they have just continued my policy from now until end of october which is another 5 months for £90 extra which included adding my dad as a named driver. Clio year policy was £260, so will come to about £460 for the year. I'm 26, 8yrs no claims bonus and no points or claims. that's fully comp and includes 3rd party cover on other cars, protected no claims, legal fees, guarenteed courtesy car and i get to deal with english people on the phone! they were very no hassle when some tossing taxi driver drove into me last year and wouldn't admit liability. i'll shop around a bit more at renewal but thought £460 wasn't too bad anyway.

Comment

I've only got 3 years no claims bonus...
              "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                Clears throat.......

TRY LIFESURE

leaves.....
                I'm with Lifesure. I hate them and will be leaving on the next renewal. They charge you an admin fee every time you fart and tell you porkies down the phone to stop you from moving, then send out the schedule (and bill) with something totally different to what they said.

And I know you lurk Mr Lifesure. We can see you.

Comment

I had Hippo on a Groupama policy with A-Plan,

Now she has gone I have the Squirrelmobile on the same policy

Still trying to work out how the hell Hippo (1993 3.0 Litre 2nd Gen) has the same premium as the Squirrelmobile (2005 1.2 Panda)
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

i have decided to offset my huge fuel bill rise......................by not having any insurance at all next year !!

(to any plod this remark is intended for humorous purposes only....so rack off)
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      i have decided to offset my huge fuel bill rise......................by not having any insurance at all next year !!
                      you should investigate running the truck on methane, seeing as you have access to plenty of it

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                        I had Hippo on a Groupama policy with A-Plan,

Now she has gone I have the Squirrelmobile on the same policy

Still trying to work out how the hell Hippo (1993 3.0 Litre 2nd Gen) has the same premium as the Squirrelmobile (2005 1.2 Panda)
                        Trev Groupama is that insurance on say 2 of your cars on 1 policy?, as i am looking to sort mine out soon and looking for both mr2's and the surf all on 1 policy (mr2 are on aplan but different carriers)

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution View Post
                          Trev Groupama is that insurance on say 2 of your cars on 1 policy?, as i am looking to sort mine out soon and looking for both mr2's and the surf all on 1 policy (mr2 are on aplan but different carriers)
                          I love those at the back of the class that don't pay attention

Hippo has been replaced by the Squirrelmobile, Hippo decided to have a major fatal heart attack

so I have 1 car on the one policy

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                            I love those at the back of the class that don't pay attention

Hippo has been replaced by the Squirrelmobile, Hippo decided to have a major fatal heart attack

so I have 1 car on the one policy
                            Sorry to hear bout hippo mate, if you a good squirrel i may give you a go in the 3rd gen if you come to meets

And if i had my sun glasses on them i was asleep in the back of the class

Comment

try Sureterm i didnt even use my no claims, flux wanted 500+ renewal
                              Yet sureterm done it for 460 without me usein 3years NCD

Comment

Working...
                              X