Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't hold your breath........

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/2008052...n-dba1618.html

"The cause of rising prices is clear: growing demand and too little supply to meet it both now and - perhaps of even greater significance - in the future.
    He forgot to add that they're a bunch of thieving, money grabbing tw@ts too to that sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      He forgot to add that they're a bunch of thieving, money grabbing tw@ts too to that sentence.
      and that the government is responsible for most of the raise in the cost of fuel to the consumer....you know, the people that pay for the government dorks to be there in the first place.....
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

the government don't live in the real world as they don't pay for anything, yes they have cars and bills and so on but the tax payer picks those up.
        as long as there ok then there isn't a problem if there not then they will jump up and down and it will change.

i have been talking with a few people at work and if your a betting man then they are saying the price will go up and there will be a very long forum to fill out each time you want to get some money back if your a industry or commercial.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...317363,00.html

and note he never even came close to talking about the tax on fuel.
        Last edited by Dixie.t; 28 May 2008, 13:42.
        Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

some govt minister last nights newsnight had the neck to say that as oil prices increased the amount of tax collected of each litre DECREASED !!!!!!

so what then as the fuel increases from say 1 pound to 1 pound 20 a litre the vat goes down for instance does it !!
          just another example of this frackin govt thinking the public are stupid....the ###
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

If they would simply play fair and do nothing else it would be cheaper, not by much, maybe only 8-9 pence a litre but every little helps.

example, take the fuel cost, add VAT at 17.5% to that, then add their hefty fuel tax, but nooooo they take the fuel cost add the fuel tax, then add VAT to the sum of those. A tax on a tax. Hardly seems right does it ?

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
              If they would simply play fair and do nothing else it would be cheaper, not by much, maybe only 8-9 pence a litre but every little helps.

example, take the fuel cost, add VAT at 17.5% to that, then add their hefty fuel tax, but nooooo they take the fuel cost add the fuel tax, then add VAT to the sum of those. A tax on a tax. Hardly seems right does it ?

Bogus
              sounds crazy but do the maths, it makes absolutely no odds which way round they add them, whether they do the VAT first then Fuel tax or vice-versa. The only way it makes any difference is if they add the two taxes together and apply them at the same time.

eg)say £25 of fuel + 80% fuel tax + 17.5% VAT or 25x1.8x1.175 = 52.875

exactly the same if you say 25x1.175x1.8,

but 25 x 1.975 = 49.375
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

it was the minister,who may i say now was a right disagreeable specimen,
                plainly bullshitting about the amount of revenue they collect from a litre of fuel.i thought the tories in the 90's were arrogant but these clowns are breathtaking and in a class of their own where getting their snouts in the trough is concerned.want a new kitchen,taxpayer will pay,take out a £300000 loan on a 30 grand property(tony blair),oh taxpayer will pick up the interest payments and turn it into an interest free loan,,and then say its not in the public interest to disclose what they spend/rip off !!

goddam govt .remonds me of the animal farm quote

all animals are equal,but some are more equal than others

rant over

btw evening alex
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                X