ist its right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ist its right

Ok first off im going to look at a 3.0L manual import on sat around £7300 with 58k on clock is that about right....
    secondly i called someone about a 3.0L 4 runner yesterday and he said that the 4 runner (uk car) had a timing chain not a belt is it true and if it is, does this apply to imported 3.0Ltrs aswell.
    Cheers Dave.....
    if a politition is talking its lying

Originally posted by firefly
    Ok first off im going to look at a 3.0L manual import on sat around £7300 with 58k on clock is that about right....
    secondly i called someone about a 3.0L 4 runner yesterday and he said that the 4 runner (uk car) had a timing chain not a belt is it true and if it is, does this apply to imported 3.0Ltrs aswell.
    Cheers Dave.....
    Not sure on the Petrol one but the Diesel definately had a belt not a chain.

Mileage may be right, may be wrong. If it has the auction papers with it you may be able to see the mileage when it was auctioned. Most of them are auctioned before they get clocked if indeed they do get clocked.

It is perfectly feasible for a Japanese car to have a lower mileage than a UK car as most of the motors sit in traffic jams for long periods but don't actually travel many miles.

Cheers

Comment

thanks andy thought it was a belt...
      the dealer who has the ssrx manual 3.0L was in japan a few weeks back when i went to the car lot, apparently to hand pick the cars he has in stiock now, as he dosent trust jap buyers and wont but from a port auction, so fingers crossed we'll see what happens tomorrow....
      P.S is there anything in particular that i should be looking for, as in faults that are common in the 3.0L.. any advice is apreciated

Comment

Dave, you dont say what year the car is? If he hand picks his own cars in Japan, he should have sales documents for them for you to see. Obviously they will be in Japanese, but chassis numbers and mileage are written in western print.

Comment

[QUOTE=firefly]Ok first off im going to look at a 3.0L manual import on sat around £7300 with 58k on clock is that about right....

yeah that sounds about right.
          hopefully i'll be picking mine up tomorrow, it's a '95 3.0td manual showing 47k.
          i can feel the grin breaking out already........

see ya'll
          Planty

Comment

bl00dy hell planty you aint buying it from Leeds are you, sounds just like the one im off too see,

Comment

nah, you're safe there buddy it's from nailsea (near bristol)
              http://www.protech-uk.co.uk/sales/ps138.htm (should still work)
              it's just having an A bar and lights fitted while i'm waiting for the DVLC to sort themselves out...........

Planty

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
                Cheers Dave.....
                The Japanese 'average motorist' (if there is such a thing) does around 10,000km per year compared to the British 'average motorist' who does about 10-12,000 miles.
                Be suspicious of cars differing wildly from these figures but bear in mind there will of course be exceptions - either way. The skill is in spotting the frauds.

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                  Not sure on the Petrol one but the Diesel definately had a belt not a chain.

Mileage may be right, may be wrong. If it has the auction papers with it you may be able to see the mileage when it was auctioned. Most of them are auctioned before they get clocked if indeed they do get clocked.

It is perfectly feasible for a Japanese car to have a lower mileage than a UK car as most of the motors sit in traffic jams for long periods but don't actually travel many miles.

Cheers
                  ANDY i thought the belt was only for timing the fuel pump to engine , and that the crank to cam was a chain ?

Comment

Originally posted by scousy
                    ANDY i thought the belt was only for timing the fuel pump to engine , and that the crank to cam was a chain ?
                    no, the timing belt goes round the crank, camshaft, & diesel pump
                    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                    [size=5][/size]
                    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                      no, the timing belt goes round the crank, camshaft, & diesel pump
                      Not on a 3.0ltr ,it only goes round the camshaft and fuel pump.
                      Last edited by andy; 3 April 2004, 19:03.

Comment

right im fully lost now??????

Comment

Working...
                        X