reached the end of the road...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reached the end of the road...

well its with a heavy heart i have had to come to a very difficult decision.
    as im sure we are all aware the cost of motoring now makes a huge fiscal demand on surf owners wallets.
    the prohibitive costs have just mounted to such an extent, that this morning i realised i need 4 new tyres within a month or so,and realised as well i could probably buy a cheap runaround for the cost of said tyres.
    so i reached a very painful decision with regards to running costs..............

anyone wanna buy a kidney!!!!!!
    Non intercooled nothing.

www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

No thanks I've got a couple allready.

Get an Ebay special for the running around, and then save the Surf for the heavy stuff. For some reason after not driving her for two weeks you get an even bigger grin factor when you take her out (as long as it's not to get fuel).
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I thought you were going to say....

Where can I get cheaper tyres from???

Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          No thanks I've got a couple allready.

Get an Ebay special for the running around, and then save the Surf for the heavy stuff. For some reason after not driving her for two weeks you get an even bigger grin factor when you take her out (as long as it's not to get fuel).
          couldnt bear not to have a decent drive daily.i have had to have a couple of ford hire cars and i hated it.im lucky enough to get most of my fuel paid for(i got 150 quid on 200 quid usage last week),and i can quite easily justify 50 quid a week or so just to not drive a ford b0ll0cks or a vauxhall syphillis,or any other pile of anonimity,so.....

gordon brown,alastair darling,jacqui smith,jack straw,alan johnson,in fact all the present (and past labour crooks) rack off,im going to keep driving it !!!!

btw remeber the hinduja brothers, and the passport thing with mandelson.remember mandelson and the huge loan from robinson,and the mortgage fraud,and remember david kelly killing himself,and remember john prescott,trying to get regional assemblies ,and a new integrated transport system off the ground and finding out all his ideas were shoite,but still spending billions on nothing,but especiallyremember gordon.....the most sucessful labour chancellor ever (the worst one must have really sucked)
          who spent and bribed and thought ,along with all politico's before him,that the general population are thick,and now look at him,wide eyed caught in the headlights,cant go back,cant go forward....................the big clunking fist now appears to have become the big ferkin prick
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself - well, apart from the punctuation and spelling, and the layout, the vocab and general diction - but apart from that - couldn't have said it better....
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Just been proper off roading for the first time,damn right am never getting rid o ma truck just cos fuel costs are up, was thinking o getting something to tow it on a trailer, do u think a berlingo would do that task

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                Just been proper off roading for the first time,damn right am never getting rid o ma truck just cos fuel costs are up, was thinking o getting something to tow it on a trailer, do u think a berlingo would do that task
                nope - try a landcruiser, discovery, transit, patrol, rodeo etc
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                  yeah........get a surf
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                    nope - try a landcruiser, discovery, transit, patrol, rodeo etc
                    Yeh but a got a berlingo there for my work. oh well thats that idea shot for now, no way am buying another motor the now. me thinks the good lady would have summit to say for us having 4 motors

Comment

the current berlingo's have towing weights between 900-1100kg depending on spec & engine, i think the older ones may be slightly higher, but not a lot, nowhere near surf + trailer anyway.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                        the current berlingo's have towing weights between 900-1100kg depending on spec & engine, i think the older ones may be slightly higher, but not a lot, nowhere near surf + trailer anyway.
                        oh well

Comment

My blood ran slightly cold then Gra.

I thought, 'God, if Gra's giving up - whats down for the rest of us'?

I bought 60 litres of veg from Lidl the other day at 90p a litre. Yes, its pricy but its still way less than £1 bleedin 30p around Malvern!

Tomorrow I'm off to Costco to buy a load more at about 80p a litre (I'm in Liverpool at the mo)

Mr Brown can swivel on a rusty half-shaft! He's getting as little as possible out of my pocket til the country sees sense and signs him up for 10 years of 24 hour ECT!!!
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            (I'm in Liverpool at the mo)
                            u shud hav come offroading with us then 2day...
                            One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
                              u shud hav come offroading with us then 2day...
                              What? In a VW Polo?
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X