Gordon Brown - Fuel Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon Brown - Fuel Duty

I know these things come around now and then... But it might help us all out, eventually.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Lowerduty30/

Signed...
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Signed
      Attached Files

Comment

Signed
        Roy
        When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

JOBS DONE
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

signed .....but i don't think it'll do any good
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

What's the point? There have been numerous such petitions doing the rounds. If I thought for one minute that this government gave a flying f**k about what the electorate wanted I'd add my name.

Truth is they don't give a sh*t about what we think or what we would like them to do. Even if this lot get voted out they're still in a very well paid job. They'll lie in wait until the next lot p*ss off the public and then they'll be voted back in!

Rant over!
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                What's the point? There have been numerous such petitions doing the rounds. If I thought for one minute that this government gave a flying f**k about what the electorate wanted I'd add my name.

Truth is they don't give a sh*t about what we think or what we would like them to do. Even if this lot get voted out they're still in a very well paid job. They'll lie in wait until the next lot p*ss off the public and then they'll be voted back in!

Rant over!
                Well said that man, a didnt want to be first to say it

Comment

Signed, but its a lost cause....the goverment needs the cash raised from fuel duty badly.
                  That 7 odd billion quid a year is invaluable to them, they can't afford to give any of it up.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Leaving aside the political aspect, and the fact that in a recent court case, the judge ruled that "the general public have no right to expect any government or political party to put into practice the promises made in any manifesto" or words to that effect.

Every year the car manufacturers make engines more fuel efficicient, so we use less fuel, so the oil companies and the government increase the price of the fuel and the duty upon it, so they don't lose out on proffits and revenue, it's a viscious circle, and we will always be the ones who pay the price for it.

As far as the environment goes, it'll be fine, the earth will heal itself once the human race is extinct, as it has for millenia after massive volcanic eruptions and cosmic collissions.

They human race is much more fraglie than Mother Earth.
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

signed and u dont get know where if you dont try if enougth sign who knows hes gotta get the message Colin

Comment

Originally posted by flashinapan View Post
                        signed and u dont get know where if you dont try if enougth sign who knows hes gotta get the message Colin
                        Think he already got the message,just he chooses to ignore. what needs the happen is blockades and all the rest o the stuff that happened years ago, not blooming signatures. i know it will be an inconveinience for us all if it happens but summits gotta give soon

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                          what needs the happen is blockades and all the rest o the stuff that happened years ago, not blooming signatures.
                          Yeah but they are illegal now, and any trucker that tries it gets arrested under the anti-terrorisum act.
                          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                            Yeah but they are illegal now, and any trucker that tries it gets arrested under the anti-terrorisum act.
                            Well surely there is some other sort o actions, petitions to them aint gonna work is the point im trying to make.

Comment

Revolution works well, ask the French
                              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                              X