@ The Ferrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ The Ferrett

Paul - how's it going? - you may know the answer to this - is it legal to have fuel in jerry cans, attached to the outside of your vehicle????
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Page 37 of Machine Mart catalogue ("MMMMmmm... Machiiiine...Maaaarrrrt"), there's a pic showing a jerrycan bracket that they sell attached to the back of a Landrover, so I'm inclined to assume 'yes'.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Page 37 of Machine Mart catalogue ("MMMMmmm... Machiiiine...Maaaarrrrt"), there's a pic showing a jerrycan bracket that they sell attached to the back of a Landrover, so I'm inclined to assume 'yes'.
      Oh - you had to....damn you.....Machine Mart......almost has the draw of B&Q to me.....ohhh, Beee and Qewwwwwwwwwww

Shed.....must get bigger shed.......

Comment

Shed, you say......
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I'm not showing pics of my shed anymore since I saw Tiger's villa!

I got shed envy!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm! I'm pretty sure it's ok, so long as they're an approved type and securely attached.

I'm at work at 3, so I'll find out for ya from the traffic bods.

Ferret
            "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

Originally posted by The Ferret View Post
              Hmmmmmmmm! I'm pretty sure it's ok, so long as they're an approved type and securely attached.

I'm at work at 3, so I'll find out for ya from the traffic bods.

Ferret

Nice one Paul - and I'll work out a time for you and Charlie, and we'll drop the kit out of the 2 door and pop it into yours!

Comment

Good man. Right, duty calls and all that. Ta ta!

Ferret
                "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

Right then, here goes!

You managed to create a room full of confused traffic bods, which in itself is a rareity!

The general consensus is that so long as the cans are of an 'approved' type and are leak-proof (fuel and fumes), and secured to the vehicle properly, then no dramas!

The law books and intranet thing only talks about tanks that are plummed in to supply the engine etc, so carrying spare fuel in separate tanks won't be a problem matey.

To be honest, I'd be more concerned with p!keys nicking it from the truck than the rozzers doing you for it!

Hope this helps

Ferret
                  "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

Working...
                  X