yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And now, for something completely different.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now, for something completely different.....

http://www.middlelanemorons.com/

There is a place where you can add them to the list.....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

£101 for 6 months tax, I drive in any lane I dam well fancy
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      £101 for 6 months tax, I drive in any lane I dam well fancy
      Are you American???

Comment

Looking at that site for 5 mins I was was overcome with a feeling of "get a life you sad bu99ers!"

In the USA (if thats what you were inferring Andy), everyone does seem to use whatever lane they like, and no-one gets upset about it. You just get into the habit of checking BOTH mirrors before you change lanes (as you should anyway) and it all works just fine.

It's just cos us Brits are REALLY REALLY uptight when it comes to driving. Driving the Surf has worked wonders for me. I'm much more laid back and relaxed in it than I was when I owned moderately fast cars.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Looking at that site for 5 mins I was was overcome with a feeling of "get a life you sad bu99ers!"

In the USA (if thats what you were inferring Andy), everyone does seem to use whatever lane they like, and no-one gets upset about it. You just get into the habit of checking BOTH mirrors before you change lanes (as you should anyway) and it all works just fine.

It's just cos us Brits are REALLY REALLY uptight when it comes to driving. Driving the Surf has worked wonders for me. I'm much more laid back and relaxed in it than I was when I owned moderately fast cars.

I've found that I've calmed a lot more - although it still winds me up though, when there are acres of empty tarmac to the left of the BMW/Merc/Jag/Range Rover...and they just sit there.....

Fine, everyone's right and all that, but it's lazy, ignorant driving - and it causes problems behind them if there are people who are not comfortable with using the outside lane, or not allowed, that can't get past....

Rant over, I'm off for a lay down...

Comment

The reason people get uptight about it is the stupid rule about 'undertaking'. These people are only irritating because we all know we'll get pulled if we pass them to the left. If everyone could use whatever lane they liked everything would be fine. Notwithstanding that:

Comment

I find it annoying on motorways when people sit in the middle lane when you're trying to get in there yourself. And despite there's plenty of room in the outside lane they still sit there and don't budge. I only find this problem in the surf as being a 2.4 it trundles along in the inside lane at around 60. With the Modeo, then it's outside lane and staying there so nut's to the middle lane hogs.
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                I only find this problem in the surf as being a 2.4 it trundles along in the inside lane at around 60.
                You've still got an extra 20 or 30 MPH to play around with though. Stop being a pussy and press the accelerator.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  You've still got an extra 20 or 30 MPH to play around with though. Stop being a pussy and press the accelerator.
                  I do go faster than 60 (with a good tailwind) but it's not very economical at anything faster so I dont bother much
                  Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I'll be using the outside lane more from now on, and as I still have my ARBs fitted, I'll be much safer.

Comment

Working...
                    X