Finally crossed over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally crossed over

to the world of 4x4's, and more specifically Surfs.

After years of driving sporty hatchbacks I decided to sell my Clio and buy something slightly more appropriate for towing my horses round the country.

Bribed TonyN with beer and pizza and he checked this one out for me last week. Picked it up on Saturday and already cant put it down!

It's a 1995 M reg 3.0TD auto SSRX Limited in blue/silver. Fresh import, really nice inside, bit of rust on the back chrome bumpers and a tiny bit on the A-bar and a broken aeriel, but nothing much really. Fab to drive! Only thing letting it down at the moment is the crappy Jap radio and the inability of the speakers to let me turn the radio up loud enough to hear over the engine without rattling all the plastic! Bought a new radio which lovely, wonderful Tony is gonna fit for me. So, just need to work out what to do about the crappy speakers!

Here it is - parked in the road tonight to get some dust on it and stop it looking so shiny! And here's a pic of the new pony it'll be towing around.
    Attached Files

get yourself a trailer it will save on horseshoes
    plus the rspca might get the hump
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

i could so have predicted a comment like that on this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
        i could so have predicted a comment like that on this forum!
        especially from me
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Can do you some nice stainless covers for those rusty bits on your A frame..!

Comment

You will probably find the front speakers are the standard weedy 15watt toyota fitted rubbish, even a wee pair of 100watt ones will only be around £30.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

True - but you may need to mess about just a little bit to get them to fit...I have 10cm Sony ones in the front, and they did need a little fudging to get them in - just the last screw I think (Matt, Joker....no comments please...)
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                a little fudging to get them in - just the last screw
                No fudge packer comments either then?

Comment

Btw, welcome Nikki.

Comment

it's true about the last screw, most modern templates are a tad larger.
                    I fitted some in Mad Macs and I just angled the screws a wee bit and broke off a mounting tab on each speaker, perfect, no rattles and decent sound.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

thanks for the speaker tips - dont think I'll be trying fitting them by the sounds of it. Wonder how much pizza Tony can eat

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                        Wonder how much pizza Tony can eat
                        Remember last Saturday!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Tony will your 2" spring spacers stack on top of each other to make 4"spacers.
                          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            Remember last Saturday!

Surfy definitely does!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
                              Tony will your 2" spring spacers stack on top of each other to make 4"spacers.
                              Could do, but might be a little unstable if your not carefull, especially if on standard radius arm lenghts.

I wouldn't fancy it TBH, but don't let that stop you, but you're on your own if something goes wrong. (just being honest)
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X