2.0 not 2.4, well gutted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Your wasting your time mate!! PDR won't listen!!

Even TonyN has said it isnt that much quicker but it will fall on deaf ears.
    I do listen………..

But I do have to justify my excessive fuel consumption in a “Top Trumps” I’ve got more power and speed kind of way

If I where to buy a Surf again then I’m sure that I would go for a 3.0 TD, if only because there are so many around and parts are readily available. The power drop in BHP wouldn’t be much but the diesel would be considerably nosier. Going down to a little 2.4 would be a shock to the system though and with Surf prices falling there is no advantage to buy a 2.4

Oh and I don’t go wading or playing in mud so a damp engine is not an issue for me.

One day I’d like to own a Land Cruiser which I guess is an achiable goal…. so long as all I do is park it in the drive and admire it… because diesel will probably be too expensive to actually go anywhere in it!
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
      Silly question time.

Has your mechanic seen 2LT and assumed that mean't 2 litres ? ie a HUGE blonde moment
      Hi all, good news.
      The mechanic admitted defeat. My mechanic HAD assumed that the 2LT meant the engine size, so yes a huge blond moment on his behalf.
      Quite funny actually, he went bright red in the face and tried to come up with some excuses when he realised how dumb he had been.
      Thanks to you all on helping him see cense.
      Will

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        But thats probably a broken one - which might . not . look . the same as a not broken one

I'll pop round and see you mate. You're only five mins away. But I'm sure its a 2.4
        Cheers A.
        I was 99.9% sure it was a 2.4, but when you gat a mechanic that has had so many of them you do start questioning yourself.
        I will pm you I when I get her back and you can come round.
        When I was at the garage we had a look at how it was lifted so I finally know. she has a 2" sus lift at the front and a 3" sus lift at the back, so all I need know is that body lift and the 33's on her (witch I need desperately as my 31's are now 29's), then she will almost be on par with yours!!!
        What garage would you advise on using next time in/around Malvern?
        Cheers for the help
        Will

Comment

surf wejd in responce to a question you asked through another website, its about 45 inches

Comment

I dont actually use any garages in Malvern. I've been to Tony N a couple of times, but most stuff I do meself, abley assisted by 'Spanner Dave', so called because of his handiness with the spanners
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I dont actually use any garages in Malvern. I've been to Tony N a couple of times, but most stuff I do meself, abley assisted by 'Spanner Dave', so called because of his handiness with the spanners
              I thought it was that he's got a nice garage so you don't get your arse skimmed from the vehicles that pass in your street when working on your truck.

Comment

Originally posted by jamsironwork View Post
                surf wejd in responce to a question you asked through another website, its about 45 inches
                many thanks to you. good luck selling her.

Comment

Cool. I was going to do the work myself anyway, but when I 1st tried to remove the turbo, about 3 months ago, I snapped one of the bolts off. So the garage is now replacing it for me, oh well, but the best bit is that my dad who is the tightest person I know has offered to pay as a year and a half late 21st birthday present.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    I thought it was that he's got a nice garage so you don't get your arse skimmed from the vehicles that pass in your street when working on your truck.
                    Yeah, there is that!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Yeah, there is that!
                      it is better now the roadworks outside you place have stopped, but when one set of roadworks in malvern go two outher lots apear somewere else.

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
                        Cool. I was going to do the work myself anyway, but when I 1st tried to remove the turbo, about 3 months ago, I snapped one of the bolts off. So the garage is now replacing it for me, oh well, but the best bit is that my dad who is the tightest person I know has offered to pay as a year and a half late 21st birthday present.
                        thats the thing about bolts that have been heated up to those temperatures and then repeatedly cooled down and heated again.
                        may as well assume they are plasticine, if you get them out without breaking them, they usually wont go back in without being threaded.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                        X