Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 not 2.4, well gutted.

Hi all,
    I finally had my surf looked at today as I still hadn’t fixed the turbo. Been busted for 6 months, should have let a mechanic look by now, stupid me.
    Anyway the outcome was that the turbo had blown, the manifold gasket needs replacing and the biggest shock of all was that it’s a 2 litre engine, I’m well gutted.
    Does anybody know if surfs came with a 2 litre engine or has some dumb ass blown the old one and swapped it for a smaller one? The log books say that’s it’s a 2.4 and on the engine in big red letters it says turbo-d 2LT, what’s going on?
    I’m afraid that even with a fixed turbo it still won’t pull the crust of a rice pudding, have crap mpg still and no top speed.
    Can anybody help?
    Will

the 2lt is a 2.4 its just mechanical injection as opposed to electronic injection.(2lte)
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Oh I bet thats made his day not such a little dude after all.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

the mechanic was pritty sure that it was a 2.0, he plays with surfs and hilux pickups all the time, he has 2 surfs and 3 hilux pickups of his own. he was very suprised that it was a 2.0, but maybe (and hopefully) hes wronge.

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
          the mechanic was pritty sure that it was a 2.0, he plays with surfs and hilux pickups all the time, he has 2 surfs and 3 hilux pickups of his own. he was very suprised that it was a 2.0, but maybe (and hopefully) hes wronge.
          well then your mechanic dont know shit then.its deffo a 2.4 non e.f.i
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            well then your mechanic dont know shit then.its deffo a 2.4 non e.f.i
            i would go along with that, just very suprised as he really seams like he knows what he's doing and as he has so many of them.
            the only thing i can think of is that its a 2.0 and somebody has replaced the cover with the old one with turbo-d 2lt on it. to sell it as a 2.4.
            long shot i know but you never know.

Comment

i am not aware of a 2.0 ltr turbo charged diesel engine. they did do a 2.0 ltr petrol engine the (3y)
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Silly question time.

Has your mechanic seen 2LT and assumed that mean't 2 litres ? ie a HUGE blonde moment
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

isnt the 2ct a 2.0l diesel turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w- View Post
                    isnt the 2ct a 2.0l diesel turbo?
                    i meant in a hilux of that age.but yes it is.heheheheheheheheh
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

My 2.8 is a 3L so it's a 3.0 L yes
                      I Love Wales

Comment

I reckon I can tell by looking, having seen a few by now!

I'll pop round one of these days and have a look.

In the meantime, find a new mechanic! 2LT as Mark says is the designation, not the size.

Thats the second dodgy mechanic in Malvern story I've heard this week.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Sounds like boll0cks to me. I suppose it could possibly be a 2C-T but they were never fitted in surfs. Does it look like this?:

Comment

i doubt it is a 2ct, as he said the engine has 2lt in big red letters on it, although i have read of a 2ct being fitted to 4runner as a mod, so they must fit in ok.

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
                              He might play with them, but he obviously knows p1ss all about them. I wouldn't take it there again if I was you mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X