Lift kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift kit

Just wondered what height my surf should sit at, ie distance between floor and wheel arch. Dont know if a lift kit has already been fitted, but what height would it be with 2" lift
    Any help would be good thanks
    Sam

Sammy, I dont know the answer off top of my head - but I know this was posted a while ago... if you dont find it in search I'll measure mine for you when I get home tonight.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
      Sammy, I dont know the answer off top of my head - but I know this was posted a while ago... if you dont find it in search I'll measure mine for you when I get home tonight.

TONY she's at it again mate
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Couldn't find the thread, Can you get the old ruler out??

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by sammy

Couldn't find the thread, Can you get the old ruler out??

Regards
          Its dark and peeing with rain, will do it tomorrow now. But 14" from top of wheel rim the middle of wheel arch opening rings a bell.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Its dark and peeing with rain, will do it tomorrow now. But 14" from top of wheel rim the middle of wheel arch opening rings a bell.

Sammy - I sent the big T out to measure it before work today. It was 13" from top of wheel rim the middle of wheel arch

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Sammy - I sent the big T out to measure it before work today. It was 13" from top of wheel rim the middle of wheel arch

Linda, I take it yours is with the 2" lift?

Cheers, Nick
              "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
                Linda, I take it yours is with the 2" lift?

Cheers, Nick
                Yep - 2" longer coils in the rear and 1 1/2" cranked front tortions.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Yep - 2" longer coils in the rear and 1 1/2" cranked front tortions.

Keep thinking about giving mine a lift, but wasn't sure whether to go spring or body first What you reckon, and how does yours handle?

Cheers, Nick
                  "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
                    Keep thinking about giving mine a lift, but wasn't sure whether to go spring or body first What you reckon, and how does yours handle?

Cheers, Nick

Handles like a dream.....

May do a 2" body lift some time later in the year - mainly to get the bigger tyres on... but the other trucks are taking precendence right now (as they're already in bits and Tony's not touching the Black Bullet until one of them is driveable, or we'll have nothing to play with!!)

Personally I'd do suspension first as you don't have to alter anything else to make it fit. With the body lift you may need to length steering column etc.

Up to you though. Have a look here if you want the full spec of our trucks.. or pop up one weekend and have a look/chat...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X