yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of buying... Have a couple of questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna come out of the closet and say "I like 3rd gens too". Joker's is amazing for the money he paid, and Pete's is set up proper, like!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      I'm gonna come out of the closet and say "I like 3rd gens too". Joker's is amazing for the money he paid, and Pete's is set up proper, like!
      Now if it were me i'd have not bothered with the coming out bit

It only adds credibilty to the rumour that the hardest part of 3rd gen ownership is telling your mum you're gay!!
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

if it keeps up with people coming out the closet about 3rd gens, will we have to add a new section to forum for swapping hairdressing techniques?
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Ah but if they all turn queer that will mean us first gen owners will be like cavemen and the second gen owners normal ......hmmmmmm
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
            Ah but if they all turn queer that will mean us first gen owners will be like cavemen and the second gen owners normal ......hmmmmmm
            You said caveman....................... ........
            Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH View Post
              You said caveman....................... ........
              non surf owners..............are infront of the 3rd gen owners and that means you BIGMACLURCH

Comment

Never in front mate, i'm a giver not a taker..................
                Working at last.......

Comment

Oh god, what have I started?! I'd like to say right now that I'm not interested in hairdressing or musicals so I will be sticking to 2nd gen. (Also I can't really stretch to a 3rd gen anyway!)

The reason I asked about a 4runner is that they look pretty much the same to me but the insurance quote is 200 quid less, meaning I could effectively spend a couple of hundred quid more on buying one... What creature comforts do they lack though, and how much rust are we talking?

I'll see what I can do on race passes when the time comes, though I'll have to get a bit of practice in first so I don't embarrass myself!

Comment

Originally posted by thenick100 View Post
                    Hi all,

I'm hoping to start racing in the TVR Tuscan series next season and am just starting to think about basics I'll need before buying/building a race car. The first thing I'll need is a tow car and to be honest, I have no experience with such things!

So first question, is a Hilux Surf a good tow car? (car will be around 1100kg + some sort of trailer) If it isn't then I should probably look elsewhere...

If it is, I'm attracted to the Hilux because they seem to be going for great prices right now whilst having plenty of room inside for tools etc and they look pretty cool I reckon. On the mechanical front however, all I know is that they are famous for being as strong as an ox.

Would I be best off looking for a 2.xL or 3.0L Diesel and in auto or manual? Are there any differences between import and UK spec? And is the insurance affected a great deal by this?

Then if this all fits the bill, what kind of problems do Hilux Surf's encounter? I've not owned a diesel before, or a 4x4 for that matter so it would be a learning experience but I'm pretty confident doing mechanical work, so hopefully I can undertake most maintenance myself, though some things I am happy to leave to the professionals!

I'm looking to sell my daily hack for around £3-4k and after seeing some of the current prices for 92/93 models, thought I might be able to get both a Hilux and trailer with a bit spare to add to the race car fund. This would see me buying a Surf around the 100k mile mark - are there any issues to look out for on a car of this age? I could potentially push the budget a bit higher if it was really worth it, but I'd rather put it into the race car if at all possible...!

Anyway sorry for the long post, thanks in advance for any help!
                    Wellcome ! - My N Reg (95) 3.0 is up grabs, has Milners heavy duty springs on rear (better for towing) and 2" spacers, 4 new tyres, tax until Feb next year, and all the usual stuff, A/C, electric windows etc, only done 87000 miles, Sorry if this is an advert, i'm going to be posting (and paying) in the For Sale section as soon as photos are taken. Any sensible offer
                    Bunkle
                    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Oh god, what have I started?! I'd like to say right now that I'm not interested in hairdressing or musicals so I will be sticking to 2nd gen. (Also I can't really stretch to a 3rd gen anyway!)

The reason I asked about a 4runner is that they look pretty much the same to me but the insurance quote is 200 quid less, meaning I could effectively spend a couple of hundred quid more on buying one... What creature comforts do they lack though, and how much rust are we talking?

I'll see what I can do on race passes when the time comes, though I'll have to get a bit of practice in first so I don't embarrass myself!

Standard aircon and, horror of horrors, cup holders are missing.

Insurance is less just because they're not imports - ridiculous.

Rust varies and some don't have any. It's normally on the bottoms of the doors.

Comment

4 runners are uk sold surfs are imports , you will find higher spec on the imports as the japs love to play and modify but the insurance companies prefer uk ones..........

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

Thread hijacks are common when colour , generation ,and the shiny/ mudpluggers subjects come up
                        Last edited by BioHazard; 21 May 2008, 12:30.

Comment

Don't know about the 2nd Gen auto, but the 3rd Gen auto with the TPS is a F****** nightmare with a heavy trailer! Other than that the surf is a great choice. Got to say these diesel engines prefer a manual gearbox, my 2.4 TLC manual is a flying machine compared to the auto 2.4

Mark.......
                          Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

The reason I asked about a 4runner is that they look pretty much the same to me but the insurance quote is 200 quid less,

check out Adrian flux - www.adrianflux.co.uk - they are fantastic.

Im 21 with a heavily modified Surf an my insurance is £850 with all mods. thats half of what everyone else was quoting me with no mods!!

Comment

Working...
                            X