Numpty needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numpty needs help

Can somone out there help with Bio-diesel? I have about as much mechanical aptitude as Mr Bean.

There is a company local to where I work that sells Bio-diesel cheap.

Questions:

Is this stuff legal?
    Can it be used in our beloved vehicles?
    Do I need any mods to use it?
    If so is it worth doing?

It is costing me approx £300 quid a month to commute to work and back each month, with the cost of fuel rising daily this is only going to get worse.

I am in a catch 22 situation I can't afford to run the Surf can't afford to change it, So I need to look at cheaper fuel if possible.

Any help from anyone out there would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I will make a donation to the forum as soon as I have some spare cash.

Thanks.
    Entered this world with nothing, ain't got much of it left.

It's now tax free, no modifications needed to use it.

Comment

what he said, how much is it per litre? and where is it from?
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Just one point to note. The fact they call it biodiesel doesn't necessarily mean it is. The term is used extremely loosely by some to describe their 'product'. If it's extremely cheap, there's a good chance it may be one of the VO blends.

Comment

Thanks for the responses:

What does VO blends mean (told you I was thick!!)

Do I need to speak to this company (www.dbbiofuels.co.uk) and determine what is in this stuff, or shall I take a flyer and try it. Tried the website it is down at the moment.

I don't want to do any damage to the motor!!

Once again any advice is greatly appreciated, if this stuff is ok and cheap enough it may benefit members who live in this area.

Thanks again

Mark.

Comment

VO = vegetable oil. A lot of places seem to think that filtering WVO and adding some of their 'magic' to it constitutes calling it biodiesel. It doesn't. I'm not inferring that is what this place does, but as the old saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true........

Comment

It cant be any worse than some of the cr@p i've stuck in mine, sounds like it should have a plow attached on start up, but mellow out when warm
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks Matt

Guess I need to speak to this company and find out a bit more about this stuff.

Will come back and let the local members know when I have spoken to them.

I take it that if there is a high content of Veg Oil in this stuff I will need to make some mods to the motor? Which I assume will out weigh the benefit of using it.

Thanks again.

Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy 69 View Post
                  Thanks Matt

Guess I need to speak to this company and find out a bit more about this stuff.

Will come back and let the local members know when I have spoken to them.

I take it that if there is a high content of Veg Oil in this stuff I will need to make some mods to the motor? Which I assume will out weigh the benefit of using it.

Thanks again.

Mark.
                  It's not so much just due to whether you'll need modifications, but also other points such as: are they using filtered WVO? What level are they filtering to? What is the original quality like before 'processing'? What do they add to it, (their so called 'magic' ingredients)?

Hopefully, you'll find out that it is true bio, which should be perfectly fine to use. Let us know what you find out.

Comment

There's a really good thread on this here :-

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15893

It'll save you asking questions that have already been asked - a lot!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys

Will let you know what I manage to find out.

Mark.

Comment

Working...
                      X