Rear mounted turbo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear mounted turbo's

On my other beast (a BMW) I am always looking for ways to improve her performance but this idea seems....interesting...
    see pic

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw...8942873-1.html
    Last edited by Vultch; 20 May 2008, 20:28.

Back in the day Baby

jesus on a bike can you imagine the amount of lag on them turbos.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Yes ..the lag thing did cross my mind, bad enough on a Surf, but on a performance car.....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Probably sound nice though.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

it is a very nice piece of engineering though.i wonder how they have got oil to them????? some sort of separate pump system???? its certainly giving me ideas. even if you can roll a fag and smoke it before the boost comes in.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Looks like oil pipes going in, the shiny ones, fed by a pump and seperate tank perhaps?
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

The lag should be less on a 'V' engine, due to the scaveging affect of the out-of-sequence cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                The lag should be less on a 'V' engine, due to the scaveging affect of the out-of-sequence cylinders.
                good point vince and they are quite small turbos looking at them so they should spool up quite quickly too.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hmmmm...

OK, so picture this. You're blasting along one sunny sunday in January with your turbos glowing merrily at 800 degrees after a good hard thrash, and you go through a 6" deep icy puddle...

Kaboom! Go your castings.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

arn't these cars that are only taken out after extreme consultation with the met office !!
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X