CV boot - done (kinda)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV boot - done (kinda)

Right, after my catastrophic cv boot failure, yesterday i set about replacing it!

All seemed to go well, i read on one site about pulling it all out from the the lower wishbone but the front arb was in the way so it just became a pain in the butt 'in situ' type job!

Cable ties have proved yet again they are one of the greatest things ever!

the only problem was, it wasnt untill i was crawling under the truck i noticed the O/S inner cv boot also has a tiny little hole in it! So gotta buy one for that side now! an then some manual hubs.. i dont want to spend my weekends doing boots!

Also after getting a b*llucking off my uncle for saying "wha??" when he asked if i'd greased my UJs an nipples i also set about sorting that out!

Just got to change the ATF fluid soon an get the tracking sorted... the hunt continues!

I'm getting a full front end align on Wednesday this week.

Take your ARB off, it just gets in the way of everything.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      I'm getting a full front end align on Wednesday this week.

Take your ARB off, it just gets in the way of everything.
      How hard have you found it to find someone who can do the alignment mate?!

Everyone around here isnt interested because the tyres are too wide!! Even the lorry places just give me a pathetic "err, doubt it" no matter what i do or say!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
        How hard have you found it to find someone who can do the alignment mate?!

Everyone around here isnt interested because the tyres are too wide!! Even the lorry places just give me a pathetic "err, doubt it" no matter what i do or say!!
        if it's just tyre size that's causing an issue for them is there anyone local you could borrow a set of smaller tyres from, then go get the alignment done with them on.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

First place I rang agreed to do it. This place...

http://www.steertrak.co.uk/contacts.html

They are local to me, but have mobile operatives. Give them a ring, they might have someone near you...

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
            if it's just tyre size that's causing an issue for them is there anyone local you could borrow a set of smaller tyres from, then go get the alignment done with them on.
            Not sure mate, Sledge an pops are local to me... problem is i dont think they have any spare wheels/tyres.

They are local to me, but have mobile operatives. Give them a ring, they might have someone near you...
            Cheers mate! I'll look into it!

Comment

Can you please let me know how you get on.
              Also what did it cost. I need my truck looking at I can not sort out the pulling to the left.
              Live the dream.......

Comment

A lot of these pull slightly one way or t'other. Thats the trouble with having steering made of jelly connected to the wheels via a million (or so) ball joints!

Mine is more seriously out of kilter due to suspension lift. I believe its around £70 for a full front end alignment (not just tracking) done at your place.

Comment

Working...
                X