yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help i'm clumsy and i'm about to break something............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help i'm clumsy and i'm about to break something............

taking the door card off the drivers door to get access to all that lovely wiring for the electric windows switches. - However, a small issue, all the clips and screws are out of the card/door but cant get the interior door handle off or turned to go through the card.

tips, advice please.
    Tell me if I'm wrong, it the only way I'll learn

pull the handle and it should slide off.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

If the door handles are anything like the ones on the trucks i got here then you need to give the plastic surround a good hard bash with the palm of your hand to release the clips.You can then turn the handle to unclip the bar from the handle to get the handle off
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks very much. Gave it a bit of a bashing and came off OK. Away to play with the electric now to see if I can figure out why back passenger windows won't work

Comment

can you hear the motor working.If so then i will almost gaurentee that the window has come out the runner like mine did and i had to swap the window over with a spare i got here as i couldn't get the window back in the runner

Comment

no motor noise at all form either of the back passenger windows so going for the first single point of failure - the master switches - guess its gotta be a fair bet?

part now on table being taken to bits

electric mirrors work al be it slowly front electric windows work independantly and on the master controls bak door window works also but rear passenger windows just don't wanna play on either their own independant switches or the master switches.

suggestions welcome on route cause while i dissasemble this bit for a look at terminals

Comment

check the wires going from the door pillar to the doors as the wire can break inside that rubber hose which will stop the windows from working via the rear and front switches

Comment

Er, there's no need to remove the door card to access the switch wiring, the switch panel just prises off the door handle.

Comment

My monies on broken wires inside the rubber hose between door and piller. Get your soldering iron ready.

Comment

dunno nufin about cars but maybe just maybe a fuse

Comment

Bushwhacker - the eternal optimist that I am, I had already removed the switch panel and decided to remove the door panel at the same time, as, while I had hoped it was the switched, the little voice in my head said "gwt access to the wires!!"
                      Now I'm two thirds of the way through removing the wiring loom from the door to test those pesky wires to start looking for the break - hopefully it will be visible and not broken inside casing!!

Having said that, being a girl, I did try washing and hoovering the truck out to see if that would fix it!!!
                      I'll let you know how i get on - I may be back for further advice if it all goes horribly wrong.
                      Cheers guys

Comment

oh no not another shiny club wanna be member.VINCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                          Any chance o seein ur first gen. was hearing it was a beauty

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                            Nothing wrong with that, someone who obviously likes to look after their vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              Nothing wrong with that, someone who obviously likes to look after their vehicles.
                              So did i until a went the Denny. a want ma truck to come complete with bashes scratches and odd coloured wings

Comment

Working...
                              X