4runner fuel pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4runner fuel pumps

Can anyone tell me please whats the difference with the 4runner 3.0l fuel pump compared to the surf kzn130 fuel pump.
    I have just be rung up by a guy who bought a fuel pump and was told it would fit the kzn130 and then when given to the garage they said it won't fit and work as its a mechanical pump with a cable body attatchment like the throttle body.
    When he rang the guy back and asked about it he wouldn't give him a refund or anything although he said it will fit the 3.0l surf.
    if anyone can say what sort of fuel pump this guy was sold it is appreciated
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

This help Richard?

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...60&postcount=7

Comment

thankyou kind sir i shall email that to him

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        if anyone can say what sort of fuel pump this guy was sold it is appreciated
        The wrong one!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The thing was it bought it from here and he was a bit p155ed off that the guy said it will fit and then finds out he was sold the wrong pump.The guy says he ain't got a clue about engines so he never knew if it was the right one or not till he got it to the garage

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            The thing was it bought it from here and he was a bit p155ed off that the guy said it will fit and then finds out he was sold the wrong pump.The guy says he ain't got a clue about engines so he never knew if it was the right one or not till he got it to the garage
            It would appear to be an easy mistake to make, however. How many times has it been said on here that the only difference between the 4Runners and Surfs is the continent they end up on? That would infer that everything mechanically is the same, offhand.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              It would appear to be an easy mistake to make, however. How many times has it been said on here that the only difference between the 4Runners and Surfs is the continent they end up on? That would infer that everything mechanically is the same, offhand.
              Thats true Matt.I can only go on what i was told on the phone but i think it would help if there was a sticky or something that could be made up or a thread on what parts may or may not these motors from the likes of the 4runners.I know it would be a bit of hassle but even if it had just parts that wont fir the surf from the 4runners or something that would help people in the future

Comment

The person selling it was wrong, a 4Runner pump won't fit a Surf, he needs to take it back and refund the cash.

Unless the seller was unsure and the buyer said it will fit, there is no real argument.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  The person selling it was wrong, a 4Runner pump won't fit a Surf, he needs to take it back and refund the cash.

Unless the seller was unsure and the buyer said it will fit, there is no rear argument.
                  I'll just add, I wasn't meaning that the seller had an excuse for not refunding, merely that the mistake could be easily made.

Comment

Most (if not all) 4Runner diesel 3Ltr engines will be a 1KZ-T. The Surfs will be a 1KZ-TE. All you really need to know is the engine type. I may be wrong, but I don't think that any 4Runners ever had a 1KZ-TE engine. JDM vehicles often have the EFI versions whereas European market (such as the 4Runner) the non EFI.

A similar problem happens with the 2.4Ltr. Some have bought, and be told, a 2L-T is the same block as a 2L-TE. The best way to distinguish between the two is the E.

Nev
                    Last edited by NiftyNev; 16 May 2008, 05:59.

Comment

So then, would the fuel pump from the 2LT fit the 1 KZT ??
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                        So then, would the fuel pump from the 2LT fit the 1 KZT ??
                        No. They are entirely different engines.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                          How many times has it been said on here that the only difference between the 4Runners and Surfs is the continent they end up on? That would infer that everything mechanically is the same, offhand.
                          Whoever said that is forgetting the facts!

Surfs generally are fitted with diesel engines, whereas 4Runners normally have a petrol engine under the bonnet. Don’t forget that vast numbers of 4Runners where sold in the USA where petrol engines are the norm.

A diesel engine was an option for the UK spec 4Runner but it only sold in small numbers.
                          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                            A diesel engine was an option for the UK spec 4Runner but it only sold in small numbers.
                            I'm not sure that's strictly true. All 4runners sold in very small numbers in the UK and the petrol one was withdrawn prior to the diesel, which would imply it was the less popular of the two.

I think the point that Matt was making is that we often describe petrol 4runners being the same as petrol surfs, and diesel 4runners being the same as diesel surfs, which is not 100% accurate.

Comment

Sancho is right, the Diesel 4Runner is much more common in the UK than the V6.

Nev has summed it up, as far a 3liter deisel 2nd gen is concerned Japan had the 'Hilux Surf' with a 1KZ/TE, the rest of the world got a '4Runner', with a 1KZ/T. Its the same difference as the EFI and Non-EFI 2.4s basically.

Comment

Working...
                              X