ARB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB's

Just went to recycle some beer bottles, couple of miles trip, a few small roundabouts etc.

Body roll slightly increased, similar to what I remember a Disco feeling like. No sensation that I was going to topple the truck at all, and best of all, I didn't crash and die at all!

I'll probably leave it off, and service the bushes etc incase I put it back on ever.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    Just went to recycle some beer bottles, couple of miles trip, a few small roundabouts etc.

Body roll slightly increased, similar to what I remember a Disco feeling like. No sensation that I was going to topple the truck at all, and best of all, I didn't crash and die at all!

I'll probably leave it off, and service the bushes etc incase I put it back on ever.
    Watch out for those Elks!

Comment

you didnt go around the roundabout very fast then slow coach lol or a tyre on top or you didnt see a elk try again n then give us a update

Comment

well i took my arb's off and i died last tuesday,wednesday and im due to shuffle off this mortal coil again a week next saturday
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

so whats you got suspension set up wise now andy,i cant remember?
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Well, I have LC springs, ES3000s at the back, and 1 3/4" BJ spacers and TJM shocks at the front, though the new shocks dont bear any resemblance to TJMs of old and look identical to my procomps but in yellow!

I've been trying to find out if procomp make them and they are tweaked / rebadged by TJM, but eveything I can find on t'interweb refers to the better known TJMs with the metal shield at the top.

Why do you ask? Want to use my truck as a testbed?

Comment

Well, I have LC springs, ES3000s at the back, and 1 3/4" BJ spacers and TJM shocks at the front, though the new shocks dont bear any resemblance to TJMs of old and look identical to my procomps but in yellow!

I've been trying to find out if procomp make them and they are tweaked / rebadged by TJM, but eveything I can find on t'interweb refers to the better known TJMs with the metal shield at the top.

Why do you ask? Want to use my truck as a testbed?
              mmmmmmm,maybe just though that if you used 9000s on the front and rear it would handle even better,did anyone answer my question the other night about the tjm shocks,i though the longest ones they do are +2" also do they have any part numbers stamped into the body of the shocks like pro comps do????
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Forgive me blundering in but is there an advantage to removeing the ARB (and i take it this means anti roll bar? which is that oddly bent thick bar that connects to both front wishbones,)

well if ya dont ask ya dont find out do ya
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Not for you road queens, no. Leave it on

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                    mmmmmmm,maybe just though that if you used 9000s on the front and rear it would handle even better,did anyone answer my question the other night about the tjm shocks,i though the longest ones they do are +2" also do they have any part numbers stamped into the body of the shocks like pro comps do????
                    I thought 9000s were stiffer than 3000s?

Why would that help when I'm driving it in its intended environment. Surely softer is better offroad??

Comment

Not for you road queens, no. Leave it on

Ahem!!! "road KINGS" if you dont mind
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Why would that help when I'm driving it in its intended environment. Surely softer is better offroad??
                        i have 9000s all round and i dont have a prob with it offroad at all,but if you like wallowing around.........just thinking outside the box thats all.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

That would be on the road with off-road capability then.

Comment

Shut it Vince, you shiny road queen you!

Mark, serious comment. I cant understand how firm = good offroad capability. It just makes for a more jarring ride over rocks (you missed out on Bryncrug - that demonstrates it perfectly). Surely plusher, easier travel makes for better offroad performance at the speeds you go laning at as everything moves easier.

A good analogy would be to drive over rocky, rutted ground on big tyres at 10psi, and then again at 40psi. Which is gonna be less painful / damaging?

OK, ES9000s might give better handling on road, but I find myself less and less bothered about on road performance cos I drive like an old fart anyway.

Having said all that, I'm sure the difference between ES3000 and ES9000 is so small as to be lost beside tyre choice / pressure anyway!

If you can supply me with bits that suit my driving style, so much the better!

Comment

I though stiffer shocks helped by pushing the wheels/axle down quicker when travelling over rough ground, or is that only for the buggies?

Comment

Working...
                              X