Third Gen winch bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Gen winch bumper

I had a few interesting days last week started to build a winch bumper for my third gen

A friend of mine Rob Siddall is doing the fabrication here are a few photographs on how far we have got

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh184/l384580/Winch%20Bumper/

4 Runner

Lookin good mate, just one stupid question how do you get the winch out if theres any probs
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Third Gen winch bumper

Agree, looks good, how about posting some further pics when it's all done. Would like to see how it looks with indicators & all.

M
      www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

looking good
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

looks good, just a few q's

how do you get to it to service it?
          how do you realise and engage the top clutch?
          how think is the plate that it is sat on ? as it looks like it is bowing with the weight of the winch, which my mean that if you try and pull anything, it could rip the front end off

Comment

looks good mate,i'd make acces hatch on front?or easy to remove bumper?also dont forget u need rollers infront of winch

Comment

love the style of it - good detail around the corners. i guess your going to weld something onto the clutch through the hole you made on the top plate?
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Just to answer a few questions

how do you get to it to service it?
                Take the bumper of and access winch through the back of the bumper
                How do you realise and engage the top clutch?
                The hole in the top of the bumper is where the leaver will come through
                How think is the plate that it is sat on? As it looks like it is bowing with the weight of the winch, which my mean that if you try and pull anything, it could rip the front end off
                4mm steel in the photographs it is only tacked in 3 places on each plate it will be fully welded up this weekend
                I am waiting for some lights to be delivered next week once Rob and myself have sorted out a lay out for the light the bumper is going to be powder coated silver

4 Runner

Comment

Looks good! Are you not worried about cutting down the airflow to the rad?

Do you want to sell your old bumper? If so, how much do you want?
                  Last edited by Streetsurfer; 10 May 2008, 22:59.

Comment

Looks awsome mate!!!

Fancy making me one??

jus kidding, but how long has it taken?

was it worth doing as opposed to buying?
                    If you pretend it goes fast... it will!!

Comment

i'm pretty sure 6mm should be the min for a winch plate. what size is the winch? is it a 12,000lb?

Comment

Looking good PETE its great when you've got a ROB to help you.
                        Did Rob mention any news about Steve (RUSTY)
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

looking good pete.nice bit of fabrication there mate. ello marky long time no hear mate.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                            looking good pete.nice bit of fabrication there mate. ello marky long time no hear mate.
                            Life keeps KICKING me down at the moment and the Hours are pants.
                            I drift past now & again to check on things. 2nd Interview next Friday so FINGERS CROSSED
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
                              Life keeps KICKING me down at the moment and the Hours are pants.
                              I drift past now & again to check on things. 2nd Interview next Friday so FINGERS CROSSED
                              thats why we were given hands arms and legs to pick ourselves up again .fingers crossed for ya to mate.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X