Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really stupid question

Title says it all really.

Who thinks their surf is at least as good as, if not better than, anything that could come out of a certain Solihull factory soon to owned by Indians ?? and would like the chance to prove it.

Gotta be honest here - landrovers do their thing better than what a surf ever will ....

.... it's just no ones worked out exactly what landrover's 'thing' is yet
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

we both have good pionts and bad
      so it would be close were one fails the other gains
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
        Title says it all really.

Who thinks their surf is at least as good as, if not better than, anything that could come out of a certain Solihull factory soon to owned by Indians ?? and would like the chance to prove it.
        Do tell more, i fancy doin something silly
        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

now does this mean modified or standard. but im with tiger here tell us more.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

As standard, Defenders? & Series are probably more capable offroad. Once modding starts on either, however, it's horses for courses.

Comment

How's about the chance to take them on at their own proving ground at Eastnor Castle, where you get to choose one of 3 different routes used for testing their new trucks and hardware.

On the 7/8th June the Land Rover World show will be held. Although totally aimed at and around LR's they open up the off road courses for the general public on a pre-booked basis and with open time slots in the morning and afternoon.

Have a look here for booking info http://www.landroverworld.co.uk/content/lrwshow2008.htm

They have modified the course from last years apparently and the new layout for the intermediate and advanced routes will include a river section

I went last year and got a few strange looks when i turned up in the Surf but once passed the scrutineers it was game on and 'twas my first real off road experience.

Would be good to see a few others turn up this year. I just booked the 8:30 to 10:00am slot on the saturday

Comment

The Landies break to easy, Toyota all the way for me.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I've driven a 130 crewcab through Eastnor and have to say it did everything we threw at it with ease, and as Matt says, an unmodded one would go places an unmodded Surf would struggle.

Would I want to own one? Not on your life! They are awful vehicles once you take them onto tarmac for any didstance.

Eastnor is only five mins down the road from me. Would be cool to come along, but that weekend is the weekend of the HEREFORD BEER FESTIVAL!!! I'll be going on the Saturday, so might pop along on the Sunday if I'm not too hung-over and catch up with a few of you.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                    Do tell more, i fancy doin something silly
                    Me too!

I'll have a drag race with 'em in my 'standard' 2.4 Surf, hehehehe!!

Comment

Working...
                    X