Something yellow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something yellow...

My suspension is definitely more yellow than it was!

I fitted them this morning. Took about an hour, but that included having to butcher the broken one to get it off. It really was bu99ered!

Also took the front ARB off while I was under there as all the bushed were fried, and it was clunking about.

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

[quote=Apache;445689]was!

Also took the front ARB off while I was under there as all the bushed were fried, and it was clunkin

well it loks as though ,along with me,you are going to die
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Those TJM shocks look suspiciously like Pro-comp only painted yellow with a big sticker on.

Make 'em yourself?

Comment

And the (yellow)metal sleeve is missing that covers the piston.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

The crud trapper?

We'll see if the rods rust away in a week I guess...

Comment

Just had a look at my rears (ooer) and they do look near identical in body shape...

Anyone got photos of TJM XG shocks?

Just wondering if a supplier might go to that extent to stiff Tony and me? Or am I just being beer-paranoid?

Comment

this is tjm xgs shocks cant find xg

or this seems to be a pdf catalogue
              http://www.tjm.com.au/Default.aspx?P...ID=26&tabid=77
              Last edited by pirate-storm; 10 May 2008, 18:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Just wondering if a supplier might go to that extent to stiff Tony and me? Or am I just being beer-paranoid?
                If they are, it wouldn't be the supplier. Some "manufacturers" buy stuff in to rebadge as their own. Standard practice for some companies.

Comment

Been thinking about it, and my old shocks went 'clunk - clunk' from end to end. No resistance. These are better in that ther is some resistance to clunk clunk. So, what the hey. they're yellow and work!

Everyone's a winner

Comment

TJM are I believe rebadged Cofap which are made in Brazil. They probably come under other names as well which could include Procomp.

Nev
                    Last edited by NiftyNev; 11 May 2008, 07:09.

Comment

You lot have got me thinking now though...

I cant find this body style badged as TJM anywhere on t'internet.

Comment

I just dragged me new procomp out the box and hell yeh, it's the same.
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Update.

Just spent a while comparing the new TJM fronts with my existing ProComp rears.

The body shape appears to be identical, HOWEVER...

The weld where the lower mount is attached is neater on the TJMs, the seal is kind of inset compared to the procomps, and there is TJM stamped into the body. (Whereas on the Procomps, there is 'EXPLORER' stamped in - obviously). The overall finish of the TJMs looks better.

I suspect TJM has either changed its manufacturer (or uses more than one, as per Nev's comment) and uses the same manufacturer as Explorer.

The truck certainly drives better than when it had one duff OEM shock too!

Comment

What you have to remember too Andy is that even if they are manufactured by the same company and badged up, so to speak, that doesn't mean they're identical. The manufacturer often produces the basic unit to a different spec, if needed, so the overall metalwork might be standard amongst types, but they may have different performance characteristics or internal components used.

Comment

Yep I know. The seal type suggests they are different internally, as does the finish quality.

It makes sense to use existing body designs as it reduces the overall costs. No point in reinventing the wheel.

They work, they are bright yellow, what more could one want?

Comment

Working...
                              X