X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landcruiser Troopy Rollover

Gday All,
    Just come back from holidays in Darwin.
    Whilst there I was driving down the highway to Litchfield National Park when a landcruiser 70 series troopy trys to do a u turn in front of me, whilst doing about 80kmh. Missed me & my hire car (just). It gets up on two wheels then plonks straight on its side. Glass, Oil, Beers & Stuff flys everywhere.

So me & the misses stop & go to help and find 6 locals pi$$ed as crickets getting out. First thing they do is crack a beer. Looked like a seen from the tv show Bush Mechanics. Gotta love Darwin

After a nice bloke winched the vehicle off the road and said should of brought the gun not the winch, he out of the kindnest of his heart decides to drive them of to hospital we left cracking up laughing.

Anway just as we all started to drive off KABOOM! up the cruiser went. Lucky buggers.

So I learnt Diesel can go Kaboom & Troopys cant do u turns at 80kmh

Cheers Matt
    Last edited by hilux2.8; 3 May 2009, 12:05.
    Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Diesel doesn't usually go 'kaboom'. Maybe they had other flammable materials like petrol for starting a fire, or propane?

Nice to see you have your own particular brand of rednecks!

I was in Florida (the north eastern bit attached to Alabama) last year and saw a pickup with a load of teenagers on board screech to a halt at a junction. A few seconds later, smoke and flames started to come from the bed. The numpty had been travelling with a lit BBQ and his emergency stop had emptied the burning coals onto his camping equipment.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Not like Darwin folk to drive drunk......

What the hell were they doing trying to u-turn on what has to be one of the quietest roads in the road with huge great shoulders to pull on to?

How was Litchfield? Been there a couple of times and can't get enough of the place. Wangi's my favourite. good for a swim and they do cracking burgers at that little kiosk. Someone told me there were evil spirits in the pool that drown people - that put me off a little bit. The rockpools up the road (Buley?) are pretty good to.

I want to go again now. I was there this time last year.

Comment

The little kiosk had good tucker, but couldn't swim at wangi as there was a rather large salty in the lagoon (bummer).

The roads in the NT now have speed limts on them. Its no longer the autobarn mentality. 130km on the lichfield road which is fast but not as fast as the 160kmh limits in the outback.

As for driving drunk in the NT. I think its illegal if your sober whilst driving
        Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8 View Post
          The little kiosk had good tucker, but couldn't swim at wangi as there was a rather large salty in the lagoon (bummer).

YOU MEAN ONE OF THOSE LARGE CROCS - DON'T YOU!

The roads in the NT now have speed limts on them. Its no longer the autobarn mentality. 130km on the lichfield road which is fast but not as fast as the 160kmh limits in the outback.

As for driving drunk in the NT. I think its illegal if your sober whilst driving

FUNNY AS............
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Y'see people, thats what happens with no ARBs!

I'll get me coat.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Y'see people, thats what happens with no ARBs!

I'll get me coat.

I think he must have had his spare tyre on the roof I reckon!
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Ah, yes, the bush mechanics, pure genius. Dont have a clue what they are saying, but pure genius. Simply taking improvisation and resourcefulness to a new level.

Comment

Working...
                X