i want mud flaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want mud flaps

hi all. i have a lifted surf running on some 31/10.5 bfg tyres, i have the extra wide mud guards on her, the ones that stick out about the same as the wingmirrors.
    i am getting fed up of her constantly getting muddy, dont get me wrong she does look dam good muddy, but somtimes i get fed up with getting in her, brushing your leg on her and getting a nice muddy leg.
    anyway, just wondering if anybody knows where to get some rubber sheeting from and what thickness to make some for myself, i just keep finding that S&M rubber.
    thank will

S&M rubber is so much more interesting though...

I think the vinyl you seek is polyeurethane vinyl. I've tried looking too but cant find anything in the kind of quantities you want.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

mud flaps

Hi guys, try Rubberlast.com for butadyle rubber sheeting, as it's quite flexible, or any plastics supplier for polyethelene or ploypropelene sheeting as this is more rigid, hope this helps.
      If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Her???? Is it a 3rd gen????
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I presume that the culprit here is "getting in and getting out"...

Now if you launch yourself in and out... that may help with the issue...

Else... don't get out...

Problem solved...

PS... how about doing the flaps saab stle... one set directly behind the firing line... then a second set, set further in... on the slant...

Comment

i av some jaos mud flaps there very wide.
            Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
            hi all. i have a lifted surf running on some 31/10.5 bfg tyres, i have the extra wide mud guards on her, the ones that stick out about the same as the wingmirrors.
            i am getting fed up of her constantly getting muddy, dont get me wrong she does look dam good muddy, but somtimes i get fed up with getting in her, brushing your leg on her and getting a nice muddy leg.
            anyway, just wondering if anybody knows where to get some rubber sheeting from and what thickness to make some for myself, i just keep finding that S&M rubber.
            thank will
            sigos85@hotmail.com

Comment

any chance you can get a template made up of the Jaos mudflaps??

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                any chance you can get a template made up of the Jaos mudflaps??
                I'm sure we asked before.......

would be good though
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Why not "modify" a set of interior rubber floor mats, I think they do them at r/trax, and they are pretty big.
                  Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

we did ask before but not 286bhp it was someone else who had just bought a set and not had them fitted yet!!

what could you use fot the plate at the bottom to stop them flapping about??

Comment

I thought it was RodLeach that had them before.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                        we did ask before but not 286bhp it was someone else who had just bought a set and not had them fitted yet!!

what could you use fot the plate at the bottom to stop them flapping about??

Alloy and a handful of rivets

Brian

Comment

I'd forgotten about that!

http://www.plastics4performance.co.u...mpetition.asp#

Comment

Why stop them flapping about? They are mud 'FLAPS' after all. If they were meant to be stiff, they'd be called 'mudstiffs' but I think that might be something else entirely.

How about extra long red ones with 'sparco' on them for the 'rally bitch' look?
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Don’t mind if they are 'mud flaps' or 'mud stiffs', as long as they stop mud flying everywhere.
                              I might try this though, instead of Sparco on them I could just have a sticker on the back window saying 'size matters, that’s why I’m over compensating'. He he, only joking, none of that boy racer sticker malarkey for me cheers.
                              I thought of making some flaps out of old floor mats but because they all have stupid designs on them (I suppose for grip for you feet) they look crap as mud flaps, and where they are thinner they would break up quite quickly, I would have thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X