AV gurus - is THIS a bargain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AV gurus - is THIS a bargain

Been offered one of these (second hand, with a spare bulb) for £600. Very tempting, any views?

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/revi...VPL-VW10HT.php

No, its probably for left hand drive. You'd be better off sourcing it locally, like wot Matt F says...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I would add a word of caution. I used to run the sony then later changed to the all singing all dancing Phillips with the new buld technology in my pub.

Both machines chewed a bulb every four to six months, the philips bulbs were £250 each.

Then 3 years ado I bought the 52" plasma when they were over still over 4k as I was that fed up buying dam bulbs, and it's still going strong {touches wood}

With the price drop of plasmas I don't know how the projectors still sell.

ps if you buy it I'm sure I still have an 8foot motorised screen laying around the cellar you can have mate
      Last edited by yoshie; 7 May 2008, 16:44.
      Brian

Comment

No !

With a review from 2000 it's VERY old technology .............

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I totally agree with what Yoshie said, we have around 20 of these at work and we use to change lamps on a weekly basis, for over a year, they have now all been superceded by plasmas, possibly not one of the best investments the company made.
          Roy
          When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Not too worried about bulb life. I have a projector already and it probably puts on less than a hundred hours a year - most bulbs are good for about 1,000 hours.

My concern is around it being old technology - but it will display at HD resolution so it's pretty much as good a picture as what's out there now.

I will probably stick to a sensible size TV for day to day use - massive plasmas are a bit silly. The projector is just for football and films.

Comment

Pay your subs before you go treating yourself to gadgets!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Suttle. but to the point
                Roy
                When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  No, its probably for left hand drive. You'd be better off sourcing it locally, like wot Matt F says...
                  is that comment aimed at me?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Yeah, I was thinking about that. Thing is I don't have a surf and serve mostly as an irritant. I was thinking I ought to take my leave really as I don't have much to contribute, mostly annoy people and don't seem to agree much with most people's point of view.

But then again, I do like an argument....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                      Yeah, I was thinking about that. Thing is I don't have a surf and serve mostly as an irritant. I was thinking I ought to take my leave really as I don't have much to contribute, mostly annoy people and don't seem to agree much with most people's point of view.

pay your subs cheapskate just for being such a bitch
                      and your old v6 was awesome in the mud

and dont buy the projector its old now
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

you wouldnt be you with out doing that m8 n besides as your new car got arbs on or off

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w- View Post
                          is that comment aimed at me?
                          No it wasn't. Stop being so touchy.

Comment

Been offered one of these (second hand, with a spare bulb) for £600. Very tempting, any views?

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/revi...VPL-VW10HT.php
                            Hmmm well there are various types of technology, that one is LCD...I believe the best is 'DLP' a different means of projecting the image...i bought a top spec new dell DLp projector on eBay for £600.

Anyhow many may favour LCD technology.....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Right, projector rejected. I'll stick to my little Epson one until I decide to get and all-singing all dancing one.

Subs are paid.

Comment

Working...
                              X