Relocated indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocated indicators

Sick of them getting full of water and packing in so have relocated them to the sidelight housing. I know its not a first, but I used the original indicators and simply dremelled out the housing to the shape of the larger indicator bulb holders. Works great.

As for sidelights, I'll get a couple of crystal side repeaters and put white bulbs in, and fit em on the bumper somewhere.

The space where the old indicator was, I'm going to enlarge and fit the tranny cooler on the drivers side. I can then extend the bashplate sideways to protect it.

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Very good,

but couldn't you have both bulbs in the sidelight housing ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Might be of dubious legality because it would probably make your indicators less obvious at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Might be of dubious legality because it would probably make your indicators less obvious at night.
        Looking good!

An your spot on. A lot of import cars/trucks end up with bodged wiring an bulbs drilled into exisiting lights eg: sidelight an indicator an they almost always fail an SVA/MOT with it!

Comment

Sick of them getting full of water and packing in so have relocated them to the sidelight housing. I know its not a first, but I used the original indicators and simply dremelled out the housing to the shape of the larger indicator bulb holders. Works great.

As for sidelights, I'll get a couple of crystal side repeaters and put white bulbs in, and fit em on the bumper somewhere.

The space where the old indicator was, I'm going to enlarge and fit the tranny cooler on the drivers side. I can then extend the bashplate sideways to protect it.

dont you realise your raising c o g
          JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

I have special lightweight orange paint on the bulbs, and the envelope is filled with helium. They are net lighter than the original indicators.

Comment

why not put the sidelight into the headlight housing as many cars do anyway?
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                why not put the sidelight into the headlight housing as many cars do anyway?
                cos they're crap... indicators in headlights and repeaters in door mirrors... you just can't see where they wanna go!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Isn't the headlight glass? Dont fancy trying to drill it to take another bulb!

Comment

get a row of led`s between the head light and the sidelight like they have on the new Audi`s

Comment

I got a set of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-8-LEDS-YEL...QQcmdZViewItem to go on mine soon
                      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Not a bad idea. There is a bit of trim under the headlights I could drill...

Comment

Not a bad idea. There is a bit of trim under the headlights I could drill...
                          Do you even need the sidelights?

Just lose them, and keep the headlights as they are, I nearly did that a few weeks back, but will have a go soon I think, looks great!
                          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I thought sidelights are required for the MOT? I was wondering if I could wire the switch so in the first two positions (sidelights and dipped beam) dipped beam comes on.

Any MOT savvy peeps confirm that you dont need sidelights? My tranny cooler is going where my nearside indicator was!

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                              I got a set of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-8-LEDS-YEL...QQcmdZViewItem to go on mine soon
                              That's the guy who supplied my green LEDS
                              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                              X