Allen bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen bolt?

Would anyone have a spare one? it's 80mm long X 8mm (thick?, not including the head) dont know what the thread is but thats not too important, i'm one short for the ram and these fit in the recessed holes just right, be happy to pay for it as well as post etc, tried screwfix but not sure of their listing info, plus they'll charge me a fiver post on one bolt, just thought it was worth a try before i go trugeing round, ta
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
    Would anyone have a spare one? it's 80mm long X 8mm (thick?, not including the head) dont know what the thread is but thats not too important, i'm one short for the ram and these fit in the recessed holes just right, be happy to pay for it as well as post etc, tried screwfix but not sure of their listing info, plus they'll charge me a fiver post on one bolt, just thought it was worth a try before i go trugeing round, ta
    If I remember Ian, I will have a look tomorrow to see if I have one. If not sure I could find one at work tuesday.
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto View Post
      If I remember Ian, I will have a look tomorrow to see if I have one. If not sure I could find one at work tuesday.
      Cheers Jon it's not to important but it'll look better than the three of em and one longer hex head bolt i have at the mo,

Comment

dont know what the thread is but thats not too important
        If the bolt is metric which it seems to be then going by the number of threads over the 24 odd mm of threaded part it appears to be 1.5 pitch. 16 threads X 1.5 pitch equals 24mm.

Nev

Comment

Not sure if it's metric either Nev but i'm bound to have a nut to fit in the odd and sods box, always the same aint it, ya want to have it "look right" and always one screw or bolt short, looks cr@p with all different bolts, thanks for the thread info mate.

Comment

Not sure if it's metric either Nev but i'm bound to have a nut to fit in the odd and sods box, always the same aint it, ya want to have it "look right" and always one screw or bolt short, looks cr@p with all different bolts, thanks for the thread info mate.

If your not sorted by tuesday PM me. 3 in Stainless from local Guy 75p for the lot, so I'll treat you to them and the P&P

Yes I'd want it to "look Right"

Tony
            www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Just off out to the garage ......i,ll have a look as have have alot of cap heads
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

A lot of the bolts on Toyotas (and other Japanese vehicles) are metric fine which are like rocking horse shit to get replacements for. Your picture looks like a standard M8 thread but it's hard to tell from a picture.

Comment

The bolt in the picture is a standard Cap Head Allen Bolt and has a standard pitch, it is not car related, i can't do much today but can get you one out in the post tomorrow, if you send me your address ill sort it.
                  Roy
                  When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Well thanks guys! so many i dont know who to pm now i'll see if Jotto has one and if not ill pm one of ya, yes it's not from the truck, it's just one of three i managed to find that were just the right size, if i aint heard from Jotto by say wednesday i'll be in touch, happy to pay ya summat and post for it,

Comment

No i do not have one that long , so i cannot help
                      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I've not got one at home, will see if theres any at work tomorrow
                        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Thats ok Ian, thanks anyway! ok Jon but dont worry to much mate,

Comment

Working...
                          X